First off if anyone doesn't have this pedal I highly suggest it. There's so much potential for just crazy off the wall sounds its ridiculous, and the delay and reverb you can get off it is pretty good too.

You can also use it as a looping pedal and record a loop to play back. Then you can overdub on it as much as you like. But that's where I have a problem with it. When I try to overdub a new layer over my loops the volume from the previous loop seems to be cut in half.

It gets kind of annoying because if I play a chord progression, and then add a little lead lick on top of it, once the lead part is recorded it ridiculously drowns out the chord progression. And I was wondering if anyone else here had this pedal and had experienced the same problem. Or better yet someone good tell me what I'm doing wrong.

And just to let fill anyone who's interested in, Hazarai stands for either 'all the bells and whistles' or just 'all the bells and whistles,' I've heard both. And thanks in advance for any help.
You're not doing anything wrong, it's just not a very good looper in my experience. The delay settings are rather good though. I think a decent reverb effect would have been more useful than the looper.
Hazarai is a yiddish term which roughly means "junk" or "stuff."
Yeah that pedal seems great!!
I want to buy it but how is the bypass?
is it tonesucking?
Because i read mixed reviews about its bypass, the one says it suck major tone and some say it doesn't.
I have no problems with the bypass what so ever. Everything about the pedal I think is awesome. Except for the fact that it cuts my signal down when I try to overdub and that's very irritating. And you can get some sweet reverb out of the 3 and 1 second delay if you turn the delay up pretty high and the repeats low.

But anyone out there know about the signal proportions with the overdubbing?
Yesturday, I spent literally hours trying out delay pedals at GC. Tried out the Electroharmonix Memory Man w/ Hazarai and really found it to be a great pedal - especially for the price. I ended up getting the DD20 because I actually liked the looper a little better. But sound-wise it's kinda toss.
When you played with the EH MM looper did you notice a cut in you previous signal after each over dub?
Exactly, and it's not hard to delete or erase everything. Just didn't sound as crisp IMHO. Don't get me wrong, the EHX is not a bad pedal...but at basically the same price, the DD-20 seemed like a better value product all around...it does basically everything.

Funny thing was I really was looking for analog and played an ibanez AD9 (they did not have a Carbon Copy) in stock...and it sounded decent but it seemed like a one trick pony ... the trick was great however. In my price range...the DD20 seemed like the best value.
Quote by damnedone
Exactly, and it's not hard to delete or erase everything. Just didn't sound as crisp IMHO. Don't get me wrong, the EHX is not a bad pedal...but at basically the same price, the DD-20 seemed like a better value product all around...it does basically everything.

Funny thing was I really was looking for analog and played an ibanez AD9 (they did not have a Carbon Copy) in stock...and it sounded decent but it seemed like a one trick pony ... the trick was great however. In my price range...the DD20 seemed like the best value.

The Memory Man a one-trick pony?
RIF...The AD9 not the MM.

Quote by sixstringdfreak
The Memory Man a one-trick pony?
Quote by sixstringdfreak
When you played with the EH MM looper did you notice a cut in you previous signal after each over dub?

Yes, that's by design and you're missing some basic functionality as described in the manual. The REPEAT knob when you are in loop mode controls the overdub attenuation... if you have it far to the left the previous loop will go away entirely when a new loop is recorded, if you have it to the far right, there will be no attenuation meaning the volume will of the previous loop will not change when an overdub is recorded on top. Have it 50% (center) and it will drop the volume by 50% when a new overdub is done, etc. So 100% to 0% attenuation starting from hard left and going to the right.

And that feature kicks ass.

Even if you've gone into other FX modes and overdub'd with echos or delays, you can always flip back to Loop mode (hazarai knob all the way counterclockwise till the led disappears) and adjust these settings.

If it didn't have this feature I'd be pissed off!
Last edited by mooted at Jul 14, 2008,
I played this In a store in Denmark Street, London, the reverse delay was so funny. I was getting Hendrix Castles Made Of Sand sounds and everyone was looking at me as the past thinking WTF.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Aria 12-String Acoustic Guitar