Well im new to uTorrent and i wanna know how?
Right now my d/l speed is 70kb/s and that's slow
Help Me Pit!

Im disappointed in uTorrent if it cant go faster...

My normal d/l speed is 1.5mb/s
Equipment:
Fender Squire Strat Californian Series Guitar
Fender G-DEC Amp
Ashton D25NT Steel String Acoustic Guitar
Quote by RPGoof
Better, and more, seeds.
If you have more seeds, you have more sources to download from, therefore, better speeds.

This.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

call people internationally and tell them to seed
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by RPGoof
Better, and more, seeds.
If you have more seeds, you have more sources to download from, therefore, better speeds.

well it does have 2587 seeds mate???
Equipment:
Fender Squire Strat Californian Series Guitar
Fender G-DEC Amp
Ashton D25NT Steel String Acoustic Guitar
Holy ****.
Maybe you're limiting your speed somewhere in the uTorrent settings. Screw with those until you get good speeds. I remember a friend did something like that but I don't remember exactly what. Maybe it was something like encryption?
around 2000 seeds???

how many downloaders? if there's a ridiculous amount (about 8000 or over) then look for one that has a good amount of seeders and not too many downloaders.

I usually choose torrents that have about 100 seeders and around 30 downloaders, and I usually get speeds up to about 200-300 kb/s....
Quote by bc24frets
open about and press the T button on your keyboard

Haha, I really didn't expect that. xD
Thats just awesome.
don't steal movies

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Make sure your upload limit is high enough, if you set it too low the anti-leeching device will kick in and kill your DL speed.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by Chickenparts
You're bitching about 70 kb/s!? I rarely get above 20 kb/s and I thought that was pretty fast.

I used to get that....

then my DSL company discontinued that package becuase it sucked, and gave us the 170 kb/s package for nothing extra per month.
X Sign Here
Quote by kossner
I used to get that....

then my DSL company discontinued that package becuase it sucked, and gave us the 170 kb/s package for nothing extra per month.

We used to get 30KB/s and spiked to 100 Kb/s one day but we were never notified lol
Isn't that fun?
Quote by kossner
I used to get that....

My dad would never get broadband. He always insisted on getting this pathetic independent companies dsl from Huntsville. We were at the ASS end of the service area. So are connection would constantly cut out and it was always slow. I showed him a broadband package from comcast for the same price we were paying, but he said no.
I was getting 130kb today on a 6mbps connection (Port is open and set in options).

I feel your pain. Are you sure it's not just a bad torrent?
Quote by Chickenparts
You're bitching about 70 kb/s!? I rarely get above 20 kb/s and I thought that was pretty fast.

Same here. Mine max goes to 20 kb/s.
R.A.G.E.
Quote by Chickenparts
My dad would never get broadband. He always insisted on getting this pathetic independent companies dsl from Huntsville. We were at the ASS end of the service area. So are connection would constantly cut out and it was always slow. I showed him a broadband package from comcast for the same price we were paying, but he said no.

Not to be rude, but......

DSL is broadband. Broadband just means that its not dialup, but its a highspeed line, be it Cable or DSL or satellite.
X Sign Here
Last edited by kossner at Jun 19, 2008,
Quote by kossner
Not to be rude, but......

DSL is broadband. Broadband just means that its not dialup, but its a highspeed line, be in Cable or DSL or satellite.

My bad. Cable is fastest though right?
Quote by Chickenparts
My bad. Cable is fastest though right?

Well, T3 is the fastest, but thats for businesses and such. T1 is still quite expensive, but can be used for private residences. Cable sucks because its shared with the people in your area. I like DSL, if you have the fast package. You can get them pretty fast for pretty cheap nowadays.
X Sign Here
Quote by kossner
Well, T3 is the fastest, but thats for businesses and such. Cable sucks because its shared with the people in your area. I like DSL, if you have the fast package. You can get them pretty fast for pretty cheap nowadays.

By sharing with the people in your area, it slows it down?
Quote by Chickenparts
By sharing with the people in your area, it slows it down?

yeah, it splits up the bandwidth allotted for a certain network, depending on how the grid is set up in your area for your neighborhood or block or whatever. So if everyone is using the internet on a particular day, your connection will be slower than if you were browsing/downloading on a day when no one else was using the internet.
X Sign Here
Quote by anuar_grg
Same here. Mine max goes to 20 kb/s.

Your ISP's have probably throttled your torrents down.

Forward a random port through your firewall and set your torrent program to encrypt the files, this way ISP's will have a harder time catching on.
Quote by SuperiorToYou
Your ISP's have probably throttled your torrents down.

Forward a random port through your firewall and set your torrent program to encrypt the files, this way ISP's will have a harder time catching on.

Done all that. I've even did that portforward.com thing. Still the same.
R.A.G.E.
Quote by RocknRollRay
Is this a joke?

Shoot, I could have sworn that worked a minute ago...

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by kossner
yeah, it splits up the bandwidth allotted for a certain network, depending on how the grid is set up in your area for your neighborhood or block or whatever. So if everyone is using the internet on a particular day, your connection will be slower than if you were browsing/downloading on a day when no one else was using the internet.

That explains why my computer is usually faster at night.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by bc24frets
open about and press the T button on your keyboard

that's awesome!

i got 770points and died
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.