a blue fender aerodyne strat or a faded flying v.
this is killin me. ive check out all the gear and the only thing i cant decide on is the v body or the awesome paint job on the strat. take a look.

this decision is not completely based on just the look, the pups on both sound the same .

(except the gibson can handle a little bit more distortion which im not going to be playing any meshuggah anytime soon so it doesnt matter)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Aerodyne-Classic-Stratocaster?sku=512764

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Faded-Flying-V-?sku=517336
Last edited by All_Bodies at Jun 19, 2008,
u should look up the prs se custom, only 600 dollars and sounds really good.
You see, it is completely your choice. But since you can't decide whether you like the Fender or the Gibson more I suggest you choose according to the style of music you will be playing most of the time. The Fender is a classic - 3 single coils, a normal tremolo system, classic round look - it is more blues/r'n'r oriented guitar. While the whole idea of the Gibson is completely different from what you can get from the Fender - the Gibson has humbuchers, mahogany body, more "metalhead" shape, and you can't expect a S-S-S basswood Strat to sound like a H-H mahogany Gibson. I myself can't imagine Mark Knopfler playing a V Gibson, for example. So I think the Gibson is the "heavier" guitar, even simply for the looks of it.
Quote by Afifan495
u should look up the prs se custom, only 600 dollars and sounds really good.

no i played the se custom at gc, i didnt like it. plus prs guitars have fatter necks than vito.
Quote by Myx4o
You see, it is completely your choice. But since you can't decide whether you like the Fender or the Gibson more I suggest you choose according to the style of music you will be playing most of the time. The Fender is a classic - 3 single coils, a normal tremolo system, classic round look - it is more blues/r'n'r oriented guitar. While the whole idea of the Gibson is completely different from what you can get from the Fender - the Gibson has humbuchers, mahogany body, more "metalhead" shape, and you can't expect a S-S-S basswood Strat to sound like a H-H mahogany Gibson. I myself can't imagine Mark Knopfler playing a V Gibson, for example. So I think the Gibson is the "heavier" guitar, even simply for the looks of it.

cool. thanks, this is just what i needed. i'm still not sure but i think im going to go with the strat.