Hey guys, I've been looking into acquiring a new bass recently, & generally I can't stand BC rich. But I just stumbled across this: http://www.bcrich.com/bass_heritage_classic_mock.html#

It is seriously the sexiest thing I've ever seen, What is the bass forums opinions on it?

& yes I know I need to try it out first, but it can't hurt to find other peoples opinions first eh?

I've played BC Riches & their necks seem fine, but I've never played one with active EQ, & the passive pickups weren't exactly pleasing, an opinions on the actives?

EDIT: Btw, I'm thinkin Trans Black *Drools*

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Last edited by ub3r_bassist666 at Jun 19, 2008,
I know what you mean about not liking B.C. Rich but thinking it's gorgeous. The first time I saw it, I almost tripped over a little kid walking towards it.
Never got to play one though, sorry
anything higher up on bcrich's line is golden.
their cheap stuff is total ****
this is ace though
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
What's wrong with B.C. Rich?

They have a lot of low-end crap, & a lot of 'em are pretty tacky IMO

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
What's wrong with B.C. Rich?

I don't like the way the necks generally feel. Then again, I've only played on their lower/mid level stuff
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
I don't like the way the necks generally feel. Then again, I've only played on their lower/mid level stuff

I like the necks actually.

Although the neck on my current main bass is the thickest thing I've ever played, its pretty terrible. Damn unknown brand crap.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Who doesn't?

Give their real guitars a chance.

I do, why do you think I'm considering buying one? lol.

Srsly though, the lower end stuff is really bad, squiers & low end ibanezes & whatnot are much better.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by ub3r_bassist666
I do, why do you think I'm considering buying one? lol.

Srsly though, the lower end stuff is really bad, squiers & low end ibanezes & whatnot are much better.

:p Good point. Anyway, I definitely would try this out to see if it is part of that upper bracket, because, as you said, it does look very nice.
Looks like a lovely bass, but I would definetely try it out in a shop somewhere before you buy. You don't want to be disappointed.

Oh, and look at their webpage, there is a typo: on the left it says 'HERTIAGE CLASSIC MOCKINGBIRD BASS'.

Jeez, you'd have thought they'd have noticed
signature
My only worry is its all mahogany, but 2 sets of active P-pickups shud get rid of any mud a la Thunderbird, oo and necks made of maple, just re-read specs, its the only Bc Rich Id consider tbh...just try it out and see = ] good luck
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I've never seen one of these in a shop, but they do look great and have a decent spec.

and that typo bugs me - I'm sure I've emailed them asking them to change it but they haven't

It's not really all mahogany - it's a neck through so the mahogany wings won't really affect the tone that much. Anyway, it's got a maple top on the wings. With a maple through neck and ebony fretboard I'd expect it to be quite bright compared to, say, a Fender P.
Last edited by smb at Jun 19, 2008,
yeah ur right, sorry I wasn't really paying attention to the specs that much, even super beings get tired sometimes, and then we dont read so well...poor poor super being
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
BC Rich's lower end stuff is generally terrible. The mockingbird is a surprising exception to this, it is pretty good, but I do not really like it. The body is surprisingly thick. You play it expecting it to be as thein as an SG, but you get a les paul, to give you an idea. The neck is aalso extremely chunky, think of a thicker pbass neck. The pickups and general sound is very good, though. You get that classic pbass tone.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke