right now my bass is sounding pretty average coming out of my amp

my amp is a beringer 90 watt amp
my bass is a yamaha beginners bass but its still pretty good

ive mucked around with my eq settings alot and its nothing compared to the bass in songs i listen too

what do i need? new amp new guitar?
i really dont know :S
New amp.
Behringers are known for being.. well, ****.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by jimmyhotpants
New amp and new bass, Yamaha is for keyboards

Yamaha make some great basses actually.
My next bass will probably be a yamaha.

Ontopic:
A new amp will help you more, but to get an exact replica of a sound of someone you will need the same bass, amp and effects an playing style as that person.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Quote by jimmyhotpants

Congrats, you just Alienated over half the forum

Quote by lachyray
whats a good recomended amp/bass

The bass is fine, I have a beginner Yamaha, I play it all the time, even though I have a Stingray lol. Amp wise, pretty much anything will sound better, I would take a look at the Fender Rumbleman series for a decently priced amp.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jun 19, 2008,
who do you listen to?

maybe you should find out what amp theyre using to try and replicate their sound
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
What Yamaha is it? RBX170? They're pretty good starter basses. I'd say it's the amp, or you don't know how to EQ to get the tone you want.

What do you want to sound like, and what do you currently sound like?
Behringer is not exactly known for their good amps around here, so I would say that is your problem.
Quote by dancesisidance
New amp.
Behringers are known for being.. well, ****.

My behringer bass amp with a compressor sounds awesome! I would rather have it than alot of the ampeg or the likes stuff I have played
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Quote by stevo192
My behringer bass amp with a compressor sounds awesome! I would rather have it than alot of the ampeg or the likes stuff I have played

Are you brain dead or just high? I am not a real fan of Ampeg, yet to even compare them to behringer...
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
yeah dude, get rid of your behringer. Got one as a gift for my birthday and just used it for a week because my carvin was coming in
Now, the behringer is used as my doorstop
Quote by gm jack
Are you brain dead or just high? I am not a real fan of Ampeg, yet to even compare them to behringer...

I resent the fact that you could be so abusive. My bass stack sound perfect, though it could be something to do with the speakers being swapped out for better ones. You think what you like, for £70 barely used you find me a better sounding amplifier
Quote by Freddy_Walker

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Quote by stevo192
I resent the fact that you could be so abusive. My bass stack sound perfect, though it could be something to do with the speakers being swapped out for better ones. You think what you like, for £70 barely used you find me a better sounding amplifier

I never thought I'd hear of a guy who likes Behringer products, are you ill or somthing?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by stevo192

For £70, no. You won't get anything much over 30W.

However, if you compare it to a full blown Ampeg, then you have problems.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Look. if he likes Behringer, leave him alone, you may not agree with him but thats his opinion, we are not the Fricken Bass Nazis here.

If your finding your tone dis satisfactory, i would look at your amp before you bass, most of your tone is from the amp. Look at fender (as previously stated) ashdown, and laney (the only ones that really spring to mind right now.)
Ashdowns are relatively cheap, durable and sound great. Would be a cracking alternative. They aren't as cheap as Behringer but you pay peanuts....
Quote by jimmyhotpants

You need to get out more. Yamaha makes excellent basses, drums, guitars and all sorts of instruments, including some very nice saxophones.

On the Behringer, yes you are allowed to love your Behringer. But I do question your logic in comparing them favorably to Ampeg or other comparable amps.
Look, lay off the guy. Just because he likes his Behringer doesn't mean you can f***ing insult him all you like.

Just like Heretic said, we're not Nazis here.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
People are allowed to love whatever they want. Its what makes the bass forum that much more interesting.

[EDIT] And yes, we need to respect that everyone has a different viewpoint, esp on gear.

However, if someone is going to compare A to B and one is considered a higher end amp and the other less so, then they should state the reasons why. I love my crappy little AccuBass but I wouldn't say that its in the same league as a say, MIA P Bass. I just want some backup for their opinions. Who knows, you could change my mind.
Quote by KKING911
Look, lay off the guy. Just because he likes his Behringer doesn't mean you can f***ing insult him all you like.

Just like Heretic said, we're not Nazis here.

Would you take a Behringer stack, or an Ampeg stack? Money not coming into it.

As aggressive as it sounds, Behringer are a very questionable company. There is not a single professional bassist I can think of who uses Behringer. Ampeg probably sport the longest list of high profile endorsees of any company.

While changing the speakers probably helped a lot, there is no way a Behringer is going to be better that an Ampeg of several times the price. Behringer are not some hidden gem that you have stumbled across. They are just a poor company.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Last edited by gm jack at Jun 19, 2008,
I don't think it's unreasonable to compare, say, Behringer to an Ampeg BA. And Yamaha make some fantastic gear of all kinds of instruments.

what was the thread about again?
To be honest I like the Behringer MIDI controllers they make. Endless encoder knobs and motorized faders! Though it might be too good to be true...

Also I hear good things about their PAs.

Also, to OP, get something better than a Behringer. Not right now though. Save up enough cash to get something you can play in a band with.

A practice amp is still a practice amp, nomatter who made it.
yeah, as some people have said, I might have been wrong to compare behringer to ampeg etc and admittidly i have only played their mid to lower end stuff but anway. People can think what they want about behringer, I like mine. To be honest, I expected the flaming, but I thought i'd be bold for once and air my views in a mostly behringer hating forum

and to GM jack, of course the behringer stack isn't going to be comparable to things alot higher than it's price. That would be like comparing a squier affinity precision bass with a fender american made one, they are in different leagues. I don't mind you airing your views in the slightest, it makes things more interesting, just don't come in here and accuse me of being high or braindead! There just isn't any need for it, you can get your views accross without being insulting
Quote by Freddy_Walker

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Last edited by stevo192 at Jun 19, 2008,
Fast Bear is correct about Behringer midi controllers--their footcontroller is a great value and, yes, a functioning, reliable product, from what I've heard. On the Behringer amp topic, I have a BX1200 and my brother uses a BXL450. The 1200 sounds totally hollow, but it can make a thump and get over some noise. The 450 is okay. Neither one has any problems or defects. I don't use the 1200 anymore.

On the amp topic, I have just found that Hartke makes some great amps. Check out the HA2000 and the other HA models. They have some nice features (dual preamps, one tube, one SS, 12-band eq, low and hi pass filters) and they sound very good. No one every mentions Hartke, so I figured I would.
Quote by jimmyhotpants

I have a fantastic Yamaha Saxophone
Quote by the_woof
Fast Bear is correct about Behringer midi controllers--their footcontroller is a great value and, yes, a functioning, reliable product, from what I've heard. On the Behringer amp topic, I have a BX1200 and my brother uses a BXL450. The 1200 sounds totally hollow, but it can make a thump and get over some noise. The 450 is okay. Neither one has any problems or defects. I don't use the 1200 anymore.

On the amp topic, I have just found that Hartke makes some great amps. Check out the HA2000 and the other HA models. They have some nice features (dual preamps, one tube, one SS, 12-band eq, low and hi pass filters) and they sound very good. No one every mentions Hartke, so I figured I would.

I have played on a Hartke guitar amp.
Hartke is underrated QUALITY! Seriously, they are f#$@ing badass.

Plus, a Yamaha through a Hartke? Is that sum Billy Sheehan I hear?
Hartke amp sounds pretty good to me
ill try it out next time i have a chance

i had to pick either a new bass or an amp
ill probaby pick amp because my yamaha bass is actually getting the job done very well
I have a fantastic Yamaha Saxophone

+1 i borrow 1 from my school, its awsome
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by ChemicalFire
I never thought I'd hear of a guy who likes Behringer products, are you ill or somthing?

My bass teacher has a Behringer BX1200, which he uses with his lessons because it's easier then bringing his big amp, and that sounds fine. He plays a Musicman Stingray 5 through it and I play my American Standard Jazz through it, both sound awesome.

So stop giving Behringer so much ****, most break really easy, but the BX1200's seem to be the exception. For a medium size combo amp, its really good.

On topic - if you're going to bring your amp with you when practicing or jamming, then get a new amp. If you're gonna do it at school and only practice by yourself at home, get a new bass. I didn't see any point in getting a new amp, seeing as other places have them for me. I will eventually though, getting a bit tired of the sound of my 15W Ashdown after-eight and not being able to give good mids.
Shame I have no money.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.