hey guys
lately i havent been very motivated to pick up a guitar.. and im not sure why?
i want to be motivated to but i havent learnt any new songs for a while now and dont know what to do next..
i also havent progressed in in a while (well i dont think i have but yeah)
does this happen to most people or what?
will i be able to get over it?

thannks in advance
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
It will happen, I find one thing that really gets me motivated to start playing again is either buy a new pedal, picks...or something like that, something cheap that you wanna try out. Or try expanding to a different genre, blues is very good to get you better and if you're like me, when you get frustrated while learning a new song, you try harder and harder.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
happends to everyone out there, it has been happening here for almost a year but also cause i've started playing bass.
Fortunatly i'm going to pick up my axe today tune it BEADF#B, and rock like hell
1 of two choices, sell your stuff.
or
you can just stick it out, youll pick it back up again if you really love your guitar, i promise
What you're experiencing is a plateu in your development. It's just one of those things, a kinda test of your dedication, if you will. I find when I experience something like that I change the way i practice or listen to a different genre, or just listen to the bands that made me want to play guitar in the first place.

Hope that helps.
Quote by piginacanoe212
1 of two choices, sell your stuff.
or
you can just stick it out, youll pick it back up again if you really love your guitar, i promise

haha well i definately aint sellin my stuff.. i love my guitar i just havn a rough patch thats all

Quote by chll

Ha that happened to my friend a while ago, he got bored of guitar and sold all his stuff cheap, now he likes it again and wants to start playing, just like I told him would happen if he sold it all! Oh well, I got some cheap pedals and a new acoustic from it =D
thanks for all your different responses i might try learning a different genre or something and see where that leads me

Quote by chll

I was kind of where you are right now. When I first started playng and heard a great song, I was like "i gotta learn that!". Now, almost nothing sounds good enough to me for me to even want to learn it. Here's what will help.

- Change your tone, you might not be happy with your current tone.
- Buy a new guitar or some kind of pedal or amp or something.
- Branch out and find some new songs that you will like and want to learn.
spending money on gear doesn't always help. when i bought my variax i didn't even get open the shipping box for 2 - 3 months. good thing MF didn't send the wrong guitar

i say take some lessons. knowledge is worth more then a new efect pedal which you'll probably be sick of in a couple days.
I have it happen all the time, but i'll be darned before I sell my stuff. Usually I'll try something like buying something small to change the tone or a different size plectrum / strings, or try learning some theory. What works best for me though is to start listening to a new genre or sub-genre of music to see if something peaks my interest that I would like to learn. I've gone from classic rock -> power metal -> classical -> prog metal -> instrumental rock and now i'm back on classical. Changing your tone or the music you're trying to play makes a huge difference when you're in a slump.
thanks guys.. UG is so helpful i love yas

Quote by chll