I'm looking to buy a Fuzz Pedal and don't really know which one to pick up. What's your opinion on the best Fuzz pedal for the price and why?
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
The Seymour duncan Tweak Fuzz. It has 6 different fuzz settings going from light fuzz/overdrive sound to really heavy Hendrix/Jack White fuzz. It also has a drive switch so you can adjust each fuzz. Also, in bypass mode it has true bypass, so having the pedal on your pedal board will do nothing to your sound when turned off. As long as it is first in your pedal lineup (closest to your guitar) it has the best sound of any fuzz pedal I have tried. It's also only $99 USD and feels indestructible.
Last edited by Payne86 at Jun 19, 2008,
What kind of sound are you going for? If your looking for a John Frusciante fuzz I'm pretty sure he uses a EHX Big Muff Pi. He used to use some kind of Boss fuzz too, I think the FZ-3 but I don't know if they make them anymore and I'm sure his was modded.
Last edited by B. Jammin at Jun 19, 2008,
I'm looking for sort of a Mikko Lindström sound. That Seymour Duncan sounds like it might be just what I'm looking for, but maybe not. Thanks for the help you guys.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."