Anybody have a copy of this? I am thinking of ordering one set but im not sure if it is worth it. It costs $83. I could a couple of books with that amount. Reviews are appreciated.

Are there other suggestions for books similar to Planetalk?
-When you have eliminated all which is impossible,then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

-PRS Tremonti SE with SD SH-1 '59 (Neck) and SD Distortion (Bridge)

-Schecter C-1 Elite

-Line 6 PODXT

-Floorboard
Last edited by gflip69 at Jun 19, 2008,
Never heard of it but the website looks like a cheesy sort of scam site. Any badly designed site with huge blocks of text is going to be questionable. Theres probably better books out there....... get Ted Greenes chord chemisty and harmonic progressions. Also theres a ton of lessons on his site, check out the harmony ones they seem to be on the same subject as that cheesy site http://www.tedgreene.com/teaching/harmony.asp
I have it. It actually explains basic theory with a slant on the guitar very very well.
There aren't any real secrets here and it IS basically a beginner's book, but it's
a very practical approach to improvising with some "tricks to the trade".

Yeah, the web site is full of hyperbole. So what. That's marketing for ya.
Quote by edg
PlaneTalk.

I was curious about it and did some research on the net. There's a number of
references to it and no one seemed to have anything negative to say about it,
so I placed an order.

I got the book, DVD and Slide Rule in the mail the other day and I've read through
the book. It's in "comic book" format and took about 1 - 2 hours to read.

So what is it? In a nutshell, it's a method -- using a few fairly simple basic rules
about the major scale -- for organizing the fretboard in a visual manner. Personally,
I found nothing new or earth shattering in here, but I'm glad I got it because it
explains what it covers really well and in an easy to follow manner. As I'm thinking
about teaching guitar eventually, I'm always on the lookout for good material.

Despite what it says about being "good for players at any level", this is really
beginner - lower intermediate material, or if you simply don't understand the
fretboard organization as a whole in any rational manner. It really delivers the
basics of that and delivers it well. I'd be surprised if anyone who wasn't a good
improvisor, didn't already understand this stuff to some degree or other. It
really describes, in very basic terms, how I look at things when improvising.

In particular, it covers a couple of things I've mentioned a number of times in the
past:

1) Know your major scale triads really really well.
2) Why it's not all that important to memorize note names for improvisation.

Yeah, it's a bit over-hyped, but that's to be expected. If you don't really "see" the
whole fretboard very well -- perhaps viewing it as a disjointed set of finger
positions when you try and use a scale -- you may find it worthwhile.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11858188#post11858188
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥