I decided to go cycling yesterday. I decided to take a route which took me right through the city centre of Newcastle. When I was coming back through the Haymarket, I crashed and fell off right in the middle of traffic, including a HUGE rubbish truck.

That'll teach me not to go cycling right through a busy section of Newcastle during a period of heavy traffic without a helmet. As a result I have a njury to my right knee, my laptop which was in my backpack took a fall and survived and a sore set of elbows.

I also took a blow to the head from the force of my head hitting the road.

PS The Haymarket is the massive junction and intersection in Newcastle city centre, with three taxi ranks, two bus stations and a main motorway feeding onto it. At busy times of the day it's absolute nightmare.
Last edited by Fassa Albrecht at Jun 19, 2008,
oh no!
not a scraped elbow!

dude, please.
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
Captain Obvious?

Is that you? Where the **** have you been!?

Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

ahw, that sucks pretty bad dude! You'll see, when you always wear a helmet, absolutely nothing happens, but that one time you don't, you'll get injured....
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
Quote by Aplanken
ahw, that sucks pretty bad dude! You'll see, when you always wear a helmet, absolutely nothing happens, but that one time you don't, you'll get injured....

I've never worn a helmet.......!
I do it all the time ..... on a cycling machine. But even when cycling on a road, I'd never wear a helmet, I just don't find the need
Quote by Shred Head
I do it all the time ..... on a cycling machine. But even when cycling on a road, I'd never wear a helmet, I just don't find the need

I haven't worn a helmet for years
You crashed and fell off? Not a very good cyclist then are you?.

Now, if something had hit you or forced you to hit something, I'd have sympathy, but not if you simply crashed and fell off in the road.
How would have a helmet stopped you from falling of your bike?
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Well i do alot of down hill biking and up hill stuff. Like all dirt biking, ifnd a muddy slope and some jumps...but ive never worn a helmet doing that,,,and ive come close with serious accidents ALOT! But i just have never bought a new helmet!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by buzzmong
You crashed and fell off? Not a very good cyclist then are you?.

Now, if something had hit you or forced you to hit something, I'd have sympathy, but not if you simply crashed and fell off in the road.

I'm not 100% certain but I think the windy conditions last night didn't help....
Quote by Bendybaws
How would have a helmet stopped you from falling of your bike?

It would have stopped me from having my head make contact with the road.........I was stunned and dazed for a good hour.
also a lesson to wear elbow pads and knee pads... wrist guards help as well!
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Captain Obvious?

Is that you? Where the **** have you been!?

That's a pretty awesome reply lol.
i never wear a helmet. for me, cycling is my main source of transportation. it just isn't practical for me to be wearing a helmet most of the time.

furthermore, cyclists who don't wear helmets are, statistically, involved in less accidents than those who do.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Bikes are for kids. this is ultimate guitar, i hope at least 99 % here knows that we are hard rocking stoners that ride motorbikes if we ride ANYTHING!

so man... **** OF!
Do you make arrangements for the pity parties, or are they spontaneous?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Aplanken

true. I almost got run over last week when I did this. To be fair, the guy behind kept beeping at me FOR NO REASON. I was well put off and kept looking back and then there comes this sort of junction that's not clear who gets to go when, so not realising I had to stop (because I was confused by the beeping), I nearly hit a car. My brakes weren't fast enough :/
I enjoyed the thrill of it though.