Page 1 of 3
if you've ever watched House- the guy who plays him is actually british, can you tell from his accent? i can't!

a lot of british bands use american accents on their vocals.

but every time i've heard an american attempting a british accent, it always sounds either too posh or just crap. nobody has talked like that since the BBC stopped using those frankly rediculous accents, and that was decades before i was born.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by mcfreaki

..it usually sounds bad as well *cough lost prophets cough*

It's true though. I was watching something the other day and was like... he's American right? Yeah, poor accent.

Hugh Laurie is, however, a genius.

A sexy sexy genius.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
which kind of american accent??? every state has a diffrent accent. the more commonly known ones are the southren the texins and basic north one.
LOL Mary Poppins was on a few weeks ago and that chimney sweep guy has the worst ever cockney put-on accent
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
..it usually sounds bad as well *cough lost prophets cough*

It's true though. I was watching something the other day and was like... he's American right? Yeah, poor accent.

Hugh Laurie is, however, a genius.

A sexy sexy genius.

*cough bullet for my valentine cough*
There is no such thing as 1 american accent.
and there is no such thing as a "british" accent either.
there are 4 different countries making up britain not to mention the numerous regional accents from each country...
just thought i'd throw that out there.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
A british accent sounds terrible even from a british person.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
That's bollocks, my good chum! I can ask for a nice pack of crisps just as well as ANY British bloke!

Cheerio!
<Han> I love Hitler
yea, they suck sometimes, although some bands, when they sing, sound normal, you cant hear and accent in their voice

Quote by alkalineweeman
there are 4 different countries making up britain not to mention the numerous regional accents from each country...

its 5 countries
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by deckerbastard69
which kind of american accent??? every state has a diffrent accent. the more commonly known ones are the southren the texins and basic north one.

dunno, generic north i guess.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by HaKattack
That's bollocks, my good chum! I can ask for a nice pack of crisps just as well as ANY British bloke!

Cheerio!

Most Americans I've heard trying to do an English accent just go straight for stereotypical queens english, and make a hash of it.

Anyway, it's unwritten law that Liverpool has the best British accent.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by deckerbastard69

Exactly. The guy in House, Hugh Laurie, just generally masks his EXTREMELY thick british accent, and it sounds American. Don't ask me what kind of American accent, I don't know

But what I've seen of Americans doing 'British' accents is the 'posh' talk or a London accent.

All ending in epic failure.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by mcfreaki
if you've ever watched House- the guy who plays him is actually british, can you tell from his accent? i can't!

but every time i've heard an american attempting a british accent, it always sounds either too posh or just crap. nobody has talked like that since the BBC stopped using those frankly rediculous accents, and that was decades before i was born.

I always thought that whenever someone is singing (like singing hard), most everyones accent is minimal...
Quote by rabidguitarist
Most Americans I've heard trying to do an English accent just go straight for stereotypical queens english, and make a hash of it.

I tend to go straight for the good ol' cockney when I try to impersonate a British person. It- it happens more than you might think.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by alkalineweeman

it was already thrown out there but just not as clear

lol ive been up all night and i can hardly type
lets not forget keanu's contribution to this

"i know where the barrrrrrrstarrrrrrrrrd sleeps"

he was awful in dracula.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
BMTH use american accents absolutely horribly
/contradiction
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by rabidguitarist

Calm down,calm down

The worst accent HAS to be from the West Midlands,i.e. Birmingham-where "cup of tea" becomes "kipper tie".

Best is from Devonshire
its 5 countries

i wasnt aware ireland was part of Britain?
or is that just the UK theyre not in.. i always get mixed up on the differences between Great Britain and The United Kingdom.
anyway you just highlight my point even more, even northern ireland and the republic have very different accents
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Most people who fake American accents don't fake a regional accent... most just go with the standard midwest- California- Northeast accent.

Boston accents are teh sex, though. It's impossible to speak with one and not sound incredibly tough.
Quote by _Tim_
Calm down,calm down

The worst accent HAS to be from the West Midlands,i.e. Birmingham-where "cup of tea" becomes "kipper tie".

Best is from Devonshire

Yeah, Birmingham is insufferable.

Hay, us british UGers should have an accent-off.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
The "british" accent you're talking about isn't necessarily a british thing... when you sing, you get tht sound from opening the inside of your mouth and rounding out your vowels (like you would when singing choral music). It's not really an attempt at a "british accent", it's just a style of singing.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Most people who fake American accents don't fake a regional accent... most just go with the standard midwest- California- Northeast accent.

Boston accents are teh sex, though. It's impossible to speak with one and not sound incredibly tough.

Boston accents make my ears bleed.

Lol IMO it doesn't sound tough at all, it just sounds like they have a terrible cold.
Quote by alkalineweeman
or is that just the UK theyre not in.. i always get mixed up on the differences between Great Britain and The United Kingdom.
anyway you just highlight my point even more, even northern ireland and the republic have very different accents

UK: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland.

Britain: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland.

thats the two for you.

i've never really compared the difference between the north and south of Ireland. they just sound the same to me.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by rabidguitarist

That's not fair because the Liverpool accent usually drives me bonkers but yours is charming so you have an unfair advantage

However, BRING IT ON BIIITCH... even though I don't have much of an accent... >__>

EDIT:
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya

I have no idea why but I definately agree.
Quote by SteveHouse
everyone should start trying to immatate the southren accent
it sounds so funny

wut r yeins dooin in ma trailer
^
pennslyvanians fav word

EDIT:dammit yeins or yins hell its not even a word and they use it
Quote by thedudemeister

thats the two for you.

i've never really compared the difference between the north and south of Ireland. they just sound the same to me.

Actually, Great Britain is just England, Scotland and Wales. Since it's a part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Quote by alkalineweeman

You're right.

Great Britain = Wales, Scotland and England

United Kingdom (Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) = Wales, Scotland, England and Northen Ireland.

EDIT: Beaten to it
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by thedudemeister

thats the two for you.

incorrect.

uk is as you said.

the british isles is what you called britain.

britain is just england, scotland and wales.

EDIT: haha.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by rabidguitarist

You have a challenge,though I don't know what my accent is

Londoners say I sound northern;northerners say I sound southern/posh/like I'm from London.

There is a video on youtube in which I am drunk,the alcohol considerably changed my accent.
Quote by MightyAl
Actually, Great Britain is just England, Scotland and Wales. Since it's a part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

wah???

oh, ive jsut looked it up now. my bad
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by _Tim_

Best is from Devonshire

Yeah but hardly anybody here has that anymore
apart from a lot of old people
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by deckerbastard69
everyone should start trying to immatate the southren accent
it sounds so funny

wut r yeins dooin in ma trailer
^
pennslyvanians fav word

EDIT:dammit yeins or yins hell its not even a word and they use it

Learn to spell before you make fun of southerners (not southren).

We say y'all not yuins or whatever the hell you're talking about.

Also, there are not near as many trailer parks down here as people think.

Have a "good'n".
While listening to Freddie Mercury sing, you'd never think he had such a thick accent.
Quote by chimpinatux
Yeah but hardly anybody here has that anymore
apart from a lot of old people

Awwwww
That sucks
Page 1 of 3