well i'm going to get rid of my Cube 60 in a few months because i really don't need the wattage and i'm going to spend the money on a smaller amp. this smaller amp will be my main amp so i'm concerned on getting a small speakered amp that won't sound as good.

i've heard great things about the Microcube for practicing, but what about as a main amp? i'll be using it to practice but then again it'll be the only amp i'll be using, so therefore it's going to be my main amp.

i had an idea earlier. i've heard that Cube's don't accept pedals very well, but how bad do they really sound because i've never tried it, seeing no use for it. I also have a Cube 15x but i never use it cause it sounds like crap. i was thinking if i bought a MFX pedal to run through it...how bad would it sound?

I play Metal (death, black, progressive, melodic death, little thrash, etc.)

which would be a better decision?...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
sorry to highjack the thread, but can i ask your oppinion on the cube. I was thinking of getting one (i do need the wattage ) and i play simmilar style of music to you, so good amp for metal?

sorry i couldnt help with you question....
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
maybe something small and tube? i don't know how a vox or an orange would do with a metal pedal in front of them. but if you're gonna go small, you'll want tube because you can get great tones when you turn them up. what's your budget?
depends what kind of metal you play actually. the Cube 30x and 60 have the Rectifier setting which is amazing for pretty much any kind of metal from the most extreme to...Metallica. my 60 is really an amazing amp but i just don't need the wattage and i'm looking for something just as good to practice with.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by mikiedaman
maybe something small and tube? i don't know how a vox or an orange would do with a metal pedal in front of them. but if you're gonna go small, you'll want tube because you can get great tones when you turn them up. what's your budget?

i'm looking at whatever i can sell my amp for plus a little more if necessary. so $300ish + maybe $100? i can't really tell you what i can add to the budget at this point.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
nice one thanks, sorry i couldnt help you with your search though....
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
Quote by Jaysifer
nice one thanks, sorry i couldnt help you with your search though....

lol, it's no problem.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
hm...
not too shabby. i didn't think there would be a tube route for my price range. but i guess not. show me more! lol.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Maybe a 5 watt tube amp and a zvex box o metal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
zvex makes some pretty good stuff. The coolest thing they make is the nano which is a 1 or 1/2 watt tube amp. Full saturation at conversation levels.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i was thinking of getting a small 5w tube amp and maybe some pedals.
what would be a good distortion pedal? the Damage Control is probably my best bet but it's out of my price range for a distortion pedal.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo