crit for crit

Johnny grab your gun, Johnny, Johnny grab your gun,
we've another battle so say your goodbyes,
forget about your morals, ethics family and home,
ours is not to question but to do and die.

We fight against the enemy we fight to be free,
well im sure dead men dont appreciate liberty
we fight for what they say is right-soldiers of hypocrisy
I'm sure dead men dont care for nobility

you can die with honor, you can die with pride
left right left right left right left right attention!
whichever way you look it son you're gonna die so
we've another battle so say your goodbyes,
forget about your morals, ethics family and home,
ours is not to question but to do and die.

We fight against the enemy we fight to be free,
well im sure dead men dont appreciate liberty
we fight for what they say is right-soldiers of hypocrisy
I'm sure dead men dont care for nobility

so we go to war and fight for pride, queen and country
but who's definition of liberty are we fighting for?
you add to the bodycount your number makes history
but nobody remembers the man you were before.

I just finished reading "Johnny get your gun - Dalton Trumbo" which is a fantastic, extremely emotional book and so inspired me to write this.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Phallus metaphors FTW.

Seriously though, I'll get back to this. Reserved spot.

Alright.

So I gave it a quick glance through, and I have to say, it was entertaining. I didn't find myself spacing out halfway or lazily skipping to the bottom. Nuh-uh. I read it in its entirety. And it was good. Nothing too startling, nothing new, so to speak, but it was definitely a nice read. I rather liked the seemingly light-hearted dark humour style of the piece. Classy work.
Last edited by Time Seller at Jun 19, 2008,
I really like this, a great song about the idiocy of war and fighting for someone else's beliefs beacuse you are expected to follow orders. Shines just as true today with our (the U.S.) quote/unquote 'occupation' of a certain Middle Eastern country. Funny how history repeats itself. But, alas, it shall always be that the few will send the many to die for the low and the petty (hey, that rhymed). And I also caught the phallic imagery, even though, at best its implied because the song is a serious one about a serious topic.

I love the lines of 'dead men don't appreciate liberty' and 'dead men don't care for nobility' really A+ material right there. All in all, a great anti war song that's not as preachy as some of the same ilk that came before it. 8/10
Knock, Knock

Who's there?

I Fucked your sister
It shows what war is like. I feel bad for Johnny, they are telling him to just forget his morals and kill. That is not an easy thing for a person to do. I don't think war is right and I love your lyrics! I'm not so sure about the flow on the last part though, it could work. I like how you were inspired by a great book, it rhymes, it is original. Good job!
at first i wasnt digging the johny line
but the more i read the more it kinda fit

nice work
Reaching for the sun
one may forget
the feet which
ground him
I loved it. Dead men don't care for liberty=a brilliant concept. A few parts were ever so slightly unclear though, but that's about it.
Not quite as clever as usual (maybe it's jst that the topic disagress with every fibre in my body) but your flow, rhyme and rhtym are still there.

I see this as a piece just to fill in the space before something better, or just to vet the inspiration you gained reading this book.