Link To Article

Well Pit. I wake up this morning only to find during my shuffling through Drudge-Report to find this article on a Cancer breakthrough. Thought I might share it with you all. Pretty nifty I'd say, any thoughts and comments are encouraged.

A final cure in sight? Maybe, but this is definitely a step in that direciton.
I hate to be pessimistic, but I see these kind of threads every day, an article about a breakthrough on this, a breakthrough on that. I have yet to see any big result of any of those.

But it's good news anyway.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
have you ever seen I Am Legend?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
have you ever seen I Am Legend?

yah ****ty movie ripped of from 28 days later.
but i catch you're drift
Quote by Fi-Fi
yah ****ty movie ripped of from 28 days later.
but i catch you're drift

i am legend was made YEARS ago, under the name 'Omega Man'
I Am Legend is the third time the movies been done
SOLO STUFF HERE!
www.myspace.com/antioneire

BAND HERE!
www.myspace.com/theprojectire

Quote by element4433
See...this is why we make a plan. You have to know how you're going to masturbate in every situation.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
We're bros, bro. Not 'mos.
Quote by Martindecorum
wow that cliche saying about cancer may actually be in use lol, that would help alot of people I know, but it probably wont be set up properly to be done for at least a decade

Yep. But Rome wasn't built in a day either. I think a lot of people are expecting a miracle cure-all that can fix all forms of cancer, when really it's the tiny steps that truly count for something. The reality is now, at least that can be derived form this article, that a treatment for skin cancer is almost in reach. Anyways, might not be in my lifetime, but it's interesting to see where medics are going now.
Yes it is encouraging news, however it would be foolish to believe that an end to this disease will be managable in the near future. As a researcher myself, I have come to the realization that although research can sometimes provide positive results, oftentimes this is not the case. The process of discovering cures and remedies for disease is a slow and agonizing process, not only for the researcher but for those individuals depending on you to help them... With all pessimism set aside, this is still good news.
Cancer isn't an illness or an infection, it's just a simple mutation of your own cells.

Your body has systems set up to kill cancer on it's own, so as long as you keep yourself healthy, you may briefly have cancer but chances are you'll never even know about it...
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
It's good. But we have to bear in mind that it's only on one case and on a type of cancer that does sometimes just go away by itself.
Give it time.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Fleabag
Cancer isn't an illness or an infection, it's just a simple mutation of your own cells.

Your body has systems set up to kill cancer on it's own, so as long as you keep yourself healthy, you may briefly have cancer but chances are you'll never even know about it...

Noted. Verily.