Poll: Which guitar should i get for the price
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar should i get for the price
Fender MIM deluxe powerhouse stratocaster (now)
1 9%
Fender MIA deluxe stratocaster (later when i have the money)
10 91%
Voters: 11.
Okay so its summer now. Which means my band is gonna be gigging more frequently. And I want another strat. I already have a Hwy 1 And i love it. I have been reading reviews on a MIM deluxe powerhouse strat. This seems to me like its my guitar. I really want to get a new strat very soon. Maybe im just impatient but im pretty sure i dont feel like saving up for an american deluxe with s-1 switching. What do u think MIM now? or MIA in later time when i have the money.
MIA in later time, cause a little bit of waiting for a good guitar is...

Good!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by led_zep_fan55
Okay so its summer now. Which means my band is gonna be gigging more frequently. And I want another strat. I already have a Hwy 1 And i love it. I have been reading reviews on a MIM deluxe powerhouse strat. This seems to me like its my guitar. I really want to get a new strat very soon. Maybe im just impatient but im pretty sure i dont feel like saving up for an american deluxe with s-1 switching. What do u think MIM now? or MIA in later time when i have the money.

I got the MIM Deluxe its nice and the noiseless pickups are hella useful for recording, I havent quite got it setup exactly how I want it yet.. the bridge wasnt too good ( bought second hand they was a mess) and the volume pot is hmm odd... seems normal from 1-8 then 9-10 seems to boost the volume really high i.e out of proportion... tuners however are good, neck is fast and well made (im presuming this come from the corona plant?) the body is very nice, its Ash with a translucent blue top looks very good, the pick guard was a brown tortoise shell, had that swapped to black pearl.. Guitar looks very nice and plays very nice in all just that volume pot stopping me from using it (i like to mess with volume whilst playing) For the price second hand though £250..

btw I have a highway which imo is a much better guitar..
Last edited by johntb at Jun 19, 2008,
if you have a highway one why not try a new type of guitar? why not get a Les Paul or a PRS? explore. Keep it for the 30 days and if you hate it trade it for the strat.
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
I have a MIA deluxe strat, just put a mini 59 in the bridge, i can play almost everything with at gigs, from funk--r & b-- rock... it all works... and a nice tube screamer helps too...
p.s. i also have a MIM deluxe edition strat with a normal sized SD 59 in the bridge, and although it sounds nice, the electronics and neck dont compare to the MIA w deluxe w/ s1 that is my primary guitar. (mentioned above)
Quote by bvoets14
p.s. i also have a MIM deluxe edition strat with a normal sized SD 59 in the bridge, and although it sounds nice, the electronics and neck dont compare to the MIA w deluxe w/ s1 that is my primary guitar. (mentioned above)

agreed the s1 is sweet.
i was gonna buy a mim but im so glad i waited

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.