Ok, i play bass in a band, and im currently saving up to buy a new amp. My band plays pop-punk, modern rock and a little bit of reggae(more police style stuff then bob marley type stuff). We're a 3 piece band, and we hope to be playing some smaller gigs sort of soon. However, i have a 15 watt bass amp. My drummer either has to use brushes or i have to plug into my line 6 spider 75(which sounds terrible, in addition to being dangerous). So i'm looking for a new amp. Probably something above 100 watt, or around there. I'm trying to stay on the cheap, so ill look for whatever. Don't recommend the Fender Rumble 100, i plugged into it and pretty much hated the tone of it. I play an arbor Sting Ray copy, which is passive.

EDIT: sorry for the wall
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
You need 150 minimum, and that's of your drummer is quiet-ish
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Danelectro make really good bass imo, but yeh, i mean even guitar can drain out bass, bass really needs to be top heavy if you like queen/muse/coldplay
you know wattage doesn't necessarily equal volume, a guy i used to jam with had a 30 watt tube amp and that was ****in loud.. no idea what make it was though..
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

Quote by bloke
you know wattage doesn't necessarily equal volume, a guy i used to jam with had a 30 watt tube amp and that was ****in loud.. no idea what make it was though..

30 Watt for bass, even if it's tube, is very quiet, me thinks your another of the guitarists who doesn't check where they're posting...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
It really depends on preference. The 12 is a bit more middy and sounds louder, but the 15 emphasizes lower freqs. more.