Here's a track I just made. It's a short little metal track. For some reason i couldn't keep it from clipping during the solo. Can anybody tell me why this is happening, because this isn't the only time it's been happening to me.

Any crits are appreciated

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ashenspire/
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

I'm feeling this man. I like the creepy intro, really sets the mood! , I can tell you put some work into this because it sounds really damn good. I don't really have anything bad to say about it except the quality could have been a little bit better, but other than that nice piece dude!

Return the favor?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888500
ur stuff is awesome dude
im feeling the pantera in drown
first mistake, LAST MISTAKE!!!!

currently have my septum, tongue and labret pierced
shall be starting on my ears soon
I wish I could download your stuff so I could show this to the guitarist in my band, he'd love it....I think it's awesome too....way to go!!!
There's some wierd clipping in the very beggining.... unless that's supposed to be there?

I love the effect you have on the guitar in the beggining.

The electric guitar sounds okay, but you could work on the tone a little bit.

Great riff at 0:56. Chugging sounds good, so does lead.

Yeah, there's way too much clipping during the solo. The only thing I can tell you is to turn all the tracks down, or turn down the master volume. Or try turning down the high end for your solo guitar in your recording program. And that first pinch harmonic sounds really wierd.

Haha nice keyboard at the end.

This was a pretty well written piece, I don't really have anything to complain about there. But the recording quality leaves much to be desired. It could sound so much better if you just went back and polished the sound a little bit. 8/10 for me.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888505
I'm a person.
Last edited by PinkIsCool at Jun 20, 2008,
Quote by PinkIsCool
There's some wierd clipping in the very beggining.... unless that's supposed to be there?

I love the effect you have on the guitar in the beggining.

The electric guitar sounds okay, but you could work on the tone a little bit.

Great riff at 0:56. Chugging sounds good, so does lead.

Yeah, there's way too much clipping during the solo. The only thing I can tell you is to turn all the tracks down, or turn down the master volume. Or try turning down the high end for your solo guitar in your recording program. And that first pinch harmonic sounds really wierd.

Haha nice keyboard at the end.

This was a pretty well written piece, I don't really have anything to complain about there. But the recording quality leaves much to be desired. It could sound so much better of you just went back and polished the sound a little bit. 8/10 for me.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888505

I agree with this guy, the composition itself is good I like the keys at the beginning in particular they give it an "Epic" sort of sound . There is some weird clipping in there though particularly in the intro and I felt the mix could be a bit better but overall it was good.

Could you crit my profile song "Storm" if you get the chance?

Cheers
Hey Mate, sorry about the late crit, been busy lol. Anyway, thanks for Criting me and now I gots to do you.

Criting as I go: The drum part was pretty bland, but I'm bias against drums so I ain't gonna dock you for it. Anyway, the guitar was simple but awesome in the intro and combined with the strings, it sound epic. Also, the riff/chugging part is awesome and I could definately see someone putting some awesome lyrics over that. And the tremelo picking part is cool as hell when it leads into the solo part. I love your playing style, it reminds me a bit of Jason Becker/Yngwie/Marty Friedman. I know you could of done a hell of a lot better on this considering your other ****, but overall it was awesome so I give you a 9/10, keep up the ****ing brutal work man. I hope to crit you some other day again :P.