Is there any truth to a Strat from Mexico is beter than one made in Japan, or visa a versa?
I know a dude that is selling his Black or Black Strat MIN Mexico, mint condition with hard shell case for $325. Rip off or Not? I thought I always heard a Mexico Strat is better than a Japan Strat?

Help me UG Gods!

Peace,
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Bump
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
CIJ (MIJ) strats are usually on par with MIA strats for build quality but cheaper in price. I have a CIJ and love it, I only had to adjust intonation on one string.

However that MIM strat sounds like a good deal to me, especially with that hard shell case. MIM usually go for around 400-500 in Canada for new, I think, don't hold me to that. However MIM's can be hit or miss, so play it first if you can, to check out its sound and feel.
MiM Strat with a hardshell case for 325 sounds like a good deal

EDIT: New MIM Strats are $399 usually
Japanese Fenders are better than Mexican Fenders.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
Japanese Fenders are better than Mexican Fenders.

True.

A black MIM WITHOUT a case (but with a Fender gig bag) runs you $399 brand new. So I think it's a good deal, because you'd be over $500 with a case and taxes and all that jazz.
Ah, so the Japan ones are a touch better, could not remember. Thought it was one or the other, should I wait for the MIJ, or go with this if the intonation is good on it and straight. Black or Black is dreamy... I could always sell this one if I find a MIJ. At least I would have a hard shell for it then.

Thanks UG Gods!!!!
音乐是生活
Music is Life

It sounds like a pretty sweet deal, i'd buy it. Then if you don't like it, sell the guitar and get the CIJ.
sweet
音乐是生活
Music is Life