Basically I got myself a pair of Seymour Duncan APH-1s for my Les Paul. Obviously I have to remove the old ones but I wondered, instead of not using them, whether it would be a good idea to put them in my BC Rich mockingbird as a replacement for its Rockfield Mafia pups. I planning on using the BC Rich for hard rock/metal (think Motley Crue) and wondred if anyone had an opinion on how this would sound?
the aph-1 is a mid output pickup. For metal you probably should be using a high output pickup but a mid will do.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Cmd. Cool
Basically I got myself a pair of Seymour Duncan APH-1s for my Les Paul. Obviously I have to remove the old ones but I wondered, instead of not using them, whether it would be a good idea to put them in my BC Rich mockingbird as a replacement for its Rockfield Mafia pups. I planning on using the BC Rich for hard rock/metal (think Motley Crue) and wondred if anyone had an opinion on how this would sound?

What kind of Les Paul do you have?

The Rockfield Mafias are decent pickups.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i have to say it,...

what amp do you have?

SD Screamin' Demon pups are excellent IMO
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Not a great idea, they're not really what you want.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com