I currently run through a frontman 25r . I want to buy a new amp and am on a budget of around $500. The less the better but I know I need to spend to get a good quality amp. I am still a beginner but I am in a band (basically a group of us who play together as a means of each getting better). I am looking for something that will be in my budget but will also allow me to play with a drummer and bassist and not lose tonal quality. Is this possible in my budget? The three amps I have my eye on are:

Fender Blues Jr.
Fender Blues Jr. Hot Rod Series
Epiphone Blues Custom
Peavey Classic 30

Of those three I have the most familiarity with the Epi and Peavey. I played through an epi at MF and fell in love. My guitar teacher has a PV c30 so I like the tone of those as well.

I play mainly clean tones (think RHCP, 311, Incubus, Strokes) and then some blues and classic rock (think John Mayer, SRV, Cream, Derek and the Dominos, Stones, Beatles, Zeppelin, etc.). I want something that can play loud without breaking up too early. Any suggestions are welcome!

Also, the Blues Custom says it is a dual channel 30w AB operation or 15w Class A. I am worried that none of these amps will have enough strength to play clean at volume.
~Nick
FOR SALE:

Alvarez FD-60 acoustic electric- $295 obo (perfect condition, amber finish)
Lindy Fralin Blues Special Strat pickups (as set, perfect condition) - $175 obo

PM me if you are interested!
they peavey classic 30 is your best bet

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

the classic 30 is nice, also in that price range, you maybe able to get your hands on a Valve King, which for your budget and skill level, is a pretty versatile amp.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Any reason why? I kinda figured that would be the bread winner. Also do you know anything about the made in America classic 30's? I found one in my area for $300 that is in mint condition.
~Nick
FOR SALE:

Quote by ValoRhoads
the classic 30 is nice, also in that price range, you maybe able to get your hands on a Valve King, which for your budget and skill level, is a pretty versatile amp.

I just got rid of the VK royal 8 I had. I thought the clean tones were down right trashy. When driven it sounded nice but I play clean 80% of the time. I was pretty disappointed and pretty hesitant to go back to anything in the VK line.
~Nick
FOR SALE:

The Classic 30 is preety much perfect for what you are playing

It NAILS classic rock and blues tones
and the cleans are the best in its pricerange
for 300 that is a STEAL! you usually can only get them for like 350... thats an amazing price.
They are very well built and they sound great. The only other tube amp in the price range that can compare is probably the Palomino V32 and thats about it. the blues junior would be a great alternative but the cleans break up far too soon for it to be used at an applicable volume level
Good to know. That is the information I was looking for. It sounds like I'll be going with the C30. I will look into the Palomino V32 as well. I remember hearing that it is an awesome amp.
~Nick
FOR SALE:

Anyone have any additional information? Also what do people think about this:

I really love the sound of the Fender Champ 600 5w all tube amps. What about buying that for now and when more funds are available, running it through a 2x12 cabinet? That would allow me to keep the characteristics of a small all tube that I like (easy to control when it breaks up, great sounding overdrive, etc) but be able to play at loud volumes. With the money I save I can get pedals for the effects I want (the only effects I use are reverb and chorus).
~Nick
FOR SALE: