As of right now I can play one song:

Sober - Tool (perfectly)

and i know these chords
A,B,C,D,E,F,G all major chords I dont know the various variations and frankly i dont care for the other versions :P

What other chords should i learn before moving onto more songs and scales?
What are some simple strummy chordy songs i can play?
Are you good at switching between those chords? If not still work on those for a while. Learn suspended chords
Yes, that's how you play both of those chords.

As to what you should learn? Well you should know how to play both the major and minor versions of the chords.

Aside from that you might want to know how to play Dominate 7th chords, but really as long as you know major and minor you should be okay. You'll start to pick up new chords as you learn more songs anyway.

Strummy chordy songs

Pink Floyd - Mother
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Led Zeppelin - Tangerine
Santana/Everlast - Put Your Lights On
Santana - Black Magic Woman
CCR - Have You Ever Seen The Rain
Doobie Brothers - Long Train Running
Doobie Brothers - Dark Eyed Cajun Woman
Doobie Brothers - Listen To the Music
Steelers Wheel - Stuck in the Middle
Beatles (Just about any song)

Can't think of anything else, and most of those might be a little bit challenging. Try starting with Wish You Were Here, Have you Ever Seen the Rain, and maybe Long Train Running.
I'll defintelly check out the pink floyd/led zep and santana songs oh guys and which one is the dominant 7th is that the c7 or cmaj7
C7 is dominant, Cmaj7 is major 7 and Cm7 is minor 7

Put your lights on was one of the first songs I actually learned for my acoustic. Black Magic Woman has a great rhythm part behind it, but it might be a little tough.

The tabs for the Zeppelin song I mentioned are frighteningly complex, but it's actually easy to play. You've just got to be aware of what chord you're playing. Don't worry about only hitting the strings that are shown in the tab, you can actually hit the entire chord and the song will work fine.

That actually goes for a lot of songs. Tabs will show like 2 strings or 3 strings being hit, and strange things like that. Figure out the chord that's playing and stum that. Hey Joe by Hendrix is another good example. The tab for that is so incredibly complex it's almost impossible to play, but if you can figure out the chords that he's playing and you just play them to the rhythm of the song then you'll sound great, and it's about a thousand times easier.
I'd memorize just a few minored and 7 chords. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to memorize every single one. A lesson in theory and how chords form helped me form my knowledge in music.
yea, id say go with the minors for all those chords you already know, then some learn the chords in different positions. Like in the fifth position and so on. That helps a lot'

as for songs.
Brain Damage - Pink Floyd
Also look up some Bright Eyes songs. Those are what really helped me
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
yeah i get what your saying but i still feel knowing atleast the basic major/minor chords will help me with chord progressions when i want to write my own stuff
oh one more thing like i said i know all the major chords for a,b,c,d,e,f,g should i learn the chords for a#,c#,d#,f#,g#
Quote by amd123
yeah i get what your saying but i still feel knowing atleast the basic major/minor chords will help me with chord progressions when i want to write my own stuff

oh definitely
Quote by amd123
oh one more thing like i said i know all the major chords for a,b,c,d,e,f,g should i learn the chords for a#,c#,d#,f#,g#

yay or ney?
Quote by amd123

Since most of those have to be played as barre chords they're not really something you need to learn. If you can play F, you can play F# because you only have to move the entire chord one fret and then you'll be playing F#

But yeah, basic major and minor chords are a must.

Ideally you should learn your 4 barre chord shapes. Major/Minor Based off the E string, and then Major/Minor based off the A string. If you know those 4 shapes then you're set to play every major and minor chord that exists.

For example you posted this chord
|--4-|
|--5-|
|--6-|
|--6-|
|--4-|
|----|
That's a C#m Look at the shape your fingers are in when you play it. If you move the entire shape up to the fifth fret so it looks like this:
|--5-|
|--6-|
|--7-|
|--7-|
|--5-|
|----|

Then you'd have a Dm chord. Or if you moved it to the 3rd fret you'd have a Cm chord.

I forgot to mention earlier that Radiohead has a lot of good songs from strumming, Karma Police, High and Dry, Creep, Fake Plastic Trees and so forth.
If you can play F, you can play F# because you only have to move the entire chord one fret and then you'll be playing F#

But yeah, basic major and minor chords are a must.

Ideally you should learn your 4 barre chord shapes. Major/Minor Based off the E string, and then Major/Minor based off the A string. If you know those 4 shapes then you're set to play every major and minor chord that exists.

+1