Alright, so I had this conversation with some friends, and we were talking about how funny it would be if the Communion at church was Teddy Grahams. We slowly got on to the topic of the wine.

Two friends of mine said that when they went to church their wine came in tiny little cups, like Dixie Cups. I have never heard of this. When I go to church there is a goblet of wine, and the Eucharistic ministers wipe off the goblets in between sips.

How many of you have heard of, or been to a church where they use tiny cups in the Eucharist?
Quote by Haedadru
I suggest nicola teslas powered radiation death ray mounted on an orange, top secret, neo-nazi flying swastika

What?
I thought this thread meant 2 girls and 1 cup has lost funding and had to down size the operation...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Doesn't that completely go against the symbolism of it?

They didn't have little cups at the last supper...
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
At mine you can choose, either to drink out of the cup, or take a small plastic one. I usually take the small one.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I went to donate to the sperm bank once, and saw a priest holding a specimen jar which is about the same size. Does that count?
Quote by maggot9779
Awww, I thought you were gonna talk about small boobs...

+1
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
It's not a freakin goblet it's a Chalice.

It's a special goblet dammit. This is coming from someone who doesn't even believe in Christ.
Damn, I thought this thread was about tits...

but yeah, it tipicaly comes in a grail. I'm a recovering catholic, I would know
Proud Member of UG's Smartasses
PM Temporary to join.

"This isn't Vietnam, it's bowling! There are rules!" - Walter

"Steve Holt is a bastard!" - Will Arnet as G.O.B.
They have hundreds of tiny goblets in the churches around here, and the priest pours it to everyone individually.

Quote by rabidguitarist
Doesn't that completely go against the symbolism of it?

They didn't have little cups at the last supper...

Why would it?

It's still the same wine everyone is drinking, no matter how it's presented.
Quote by maggot9779
Awww, I thought you were gonna talk about small boobs...

+1
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
When I used to attend church, the last time being about four years ago they offered both the single large cup and the chinese-checker platter with little cups.

What? It looks like a chinese checker board because there are those little slots for the cups like for the marbles...
At least that's what I always thought.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
MY old churchs uses little tiny glasses, it's like a sip and a half. They pass the around on platters and the bread also. You take one of each then all eat and the same time, then drink.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws