hypothetically if i wanted to put strap locks and locking tuners on a guitar

would it change the tone AT ALL?

edit:

i was just curious becausei wasnt sure if it made a difference like a solid body guitar to a chambered guitar etc

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Last edited by timzee117 at Jun 19, 2008,
No.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i don't think so..... I'm almost positive that locking tuners wouldn't because they'd replace the current tuners. Maybe the straplocks b/c you have to drill a very little but i doubt you'd be able to notice the change.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Doing that there shouldn't be any change in tone and if you can tell theres a difference then you've done soething wrong.
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
Never had a change of tone, and I put strap locks on every guitar I've ever owned.
strap locks are a must if you own an expensive guitar i droped my LP'S a few times b4 i finaly wised up. just drill the hole straight or your F**ked.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Who the hell drills for staplocks? Seriously, just put it in the hole. Lot less that can go wrong and no negative effects on the guitar.
no. dude, you just take some sh*t out and replace it with other stuff that has nothing to do with the sound. its like asking if changing your rims will f*ck your car.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by CJRocker
Who the hell drills for staplocks? Seriously, just put it in the hole. Lot less that can go wrong and no negative effects on the guitar.

yeah, just put the screw in the hole. its like drilling a vagina for having sex, ya know. just stupid
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
no. dude, you just take some sh*t out and replace it with other stuff that has nothing to do with the sound. its like asking if changing your rims will f*ck your car.

actually if the rims are larger, the weight distrobution will be different, effecting your acceleration, etc.
Quote by Opethfan1
just drill the hole straight or your F**ked.

Drill holes?

Do you know something I don't about straplocks?
No changes at all
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
Quote by CT32
Drill holes?

Do you know something I don't about straplocks?

yeah dude my strap lock screws were wicked long i had to crank them ****ers in there they didnt fit in the hole
Quote by Opethfan1
yeah dude my strap lock screws were wicked long i had to crank them ****ers in there they didnt fit in the hole

Heaven forbid you need to use elbow grease.
elbow grease my sack, i drilled them bit*hes in. the"ll never come out now
Quote by CJRocker

This. I've never heard of anyone having to drill holes. You take the old strap buttons out, you put the strap locks in. Quite often the new screws aren't exactly the same size, but that's rarely anything more than a minor inconvenience. If the holes are a touch too small for the strap locks, just screw them in anyway, it'll be nice and tight. Generally you want to put slightly bigger screws in anyway. If they're too small, either use the old screws, and/or pack out the holes with matchstick shavings to make them nice and tight. And there's no way it could/should alter the tone of your guitar.
There are alternatives to straplocks. Planetwaves locking straps work fine for me.
Quote by CJRocker
Unless you're Eric Johnson, no.

this ended the thread, and you guys are arguing about straplocks. It really depends on how long/thick the screws are.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.