E7#9                                                G                     A
 E |--------------------------------------------------|------------------------------------------------------|
 B |---------8---8---------8---8---------8------------|--3------3----3---------5-----5---5---7-p-5---5-------| 
 G |---------7---7---------7---7---------7------------|--4------4----4---------6-----6---6---6-------6-------|
 D |---------6---6---------6---6---------6------------|--5------5----5---------7-----7---7---7-------7-------|
 A |---------7---7---------7---7---------7------------|------------------------------------------------------|
 E |--0-----------------------------------------------|--3------3----3----3----5-----5-------5-------5-------|

i'm having trouble with the second chord there any help would be greatly appreciated
the g use your index for the 3 on the E string , your middle on the 3 on the B string , your ring finger on the 4 on the G string and your pinky on the 5 on the D string.
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
For the G and the A chords you'd use your thumb on the low E string, and then index on the B middle on the G and ring on the D.
Lol purple haze ftw, 8 on the b string is pinkey 7 on g is ring 6 on d is index ad the 7 on a is middle. Use your thumb to get the 3 and 5's on the low E string.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by Ekofu
Barre the third fret.. pretty simple

And how would he do the pull off?

Don't barre... Use your thumb.
Quote by icronic
And how would he do the pull off?

Don't barre... Use your thumb.

Only pull-off I see is on the B string.. You'd use your ring finger or pinky. Has nothing to do with the barring
Uhm yeah, you could just use your ring finger for that...
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by Ekofu
Only pull-off I see is on the B string.. You'd use your ring finger or pinky. Has nothing to do with the barring

Yes, if you lift your pinky off the D string to do the pull-off then you'd be changing the chord from an A to an A7. You can't use your ring finger because your pinky is on the D sting blocking the way. You could shift your hand down and have your middle on the D string and your ring on the G string, but then your index finger doing the barre would also be covering the D note on the A string which would made it an Aadd11 chord, which is also wrong.

I suppose you could over fret with your ring finger to block the A string from ringing, but seriously why bother?

Also, barring would give you that high A note on the E string. when you're playing with distortion or overdrive, you generally want fewer strings ringing.

Finally, it's purple haze. Jimi used his thumb. That's just the way it's meant to be played.

Edit: It's also worth mentioning, if Broagan plans to learn anything else by Jimi, or Stevie Ray Vaughan or guys like that he's going to need to learn to use his thumb. Some of their stuff is impossible to play any other way.

Use your thumb, and if you doubt me, just look up some clips of Jimi playing on youtube.
Last edited by icronic at Jun 19, 2008,
Quote by icronic
Yes, if you lift your pinky off the D string to do the pull-off then you'd be changing the chord from an A to an A7. You can't use your ring finger because your pinky is on the D sting blocking the way. You could shift your hand down and have your middle on the D string and your ring on the G string, but then your index finger doing the barre would also be covering the D note on the A string which would made it an Aadd11 chord, which is also wrong.

I suppose you could over fret with your ring finger to block the A string from ringing, but seriously why bother?

Also, barring would give you that high A note on the E string. when you're playing with distortion or overdrive, you generally want fewer strings ringing.

Finally, it's purple haze. Jimi used his thumb. That's just the way it's meant to be played.

Edit: It's also worth mentioning, if Broagan plans to learn anything else by Jimi, or Stevie Ray Vaughan or guys like that he's going to need to learn to use his thumb. Some of their stuff is impossible to play any other way.

Use your thumb, and if you doubt me, just look up some clips of Jimi playing on youtube.

I didn't bother to read all this but I have some news for you.. It wouldn't require changing the chord to do the pull-off.
Quote by Ekofu
some quote

*reported*
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
*reported*

*bant*

Not really my place to do it but I really think the sooner people like him are gone the better...I'm stepping down soon anyway, this can be my last hurrah.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
*bant*

Not really my place to do it but I really think the sooner people like him are gone the better...I'm stepping down soon anyway, this can be my last hurrah.

Why?

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Why?

Because I'm a crap CC
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Because I'm a crap CC

Well whatever you say man, are they getting someone to replace you?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Well whatever you say man, are they getting someone to replace you?

yeah, they'll find someone...i simply wasn't interested in the columns enough
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc