Poll: You on a PC or Laptop?
Poll Options
View poll results: You on a PC or Laptop?
Laptop
57 45%
PC
70 55%
Voters: 127.
Page 1 of 2
Yeah, I did a search (not a very thorough one, but oh well). I'm sort of bored and I thought it might be interesting what the majority of UG uses.

I'm on a Laptop, it saves room and I can go on the interwebz downstairs or something. What are you using?
neither: I'm in a iMac
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
im on a laptop, but its steadily dieing at the moment, i only got it in november
I think the majority of people who will bother opening this will be using laptops as people who use PCs don't care. I'm using a PC and just thought I'd mention that
I am on my desktop because it owns my laptop. And it's actually mine, as opposed to being the family computer.

Quote by Bleeding_me
neither: I'm in a iMac

It's a still a Personal Computer. People who think macs are somehow not PCs are n00bs. The fact that it has a different OS changes nothing.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Jun 19, 2008,
Laptop, and just recently got wireless. Currently sat on my behind on the front room sofa. Hooray.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Don't you mean Desktop or Laptop? because PC stands for Personal Computer, which includes laptops and all that other Apple bullshit.

Anyways, laptop for me.
my laptop in the mall waiting for someone to get outta the bathroom lol
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Pc
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
On a desktop, but im nerdy and have a laptop for when its needed
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Oh man, I remember having to sit down on a chair to use a computer.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Laptop ftw. I am currently on my bed using it, which makes it great for doing essays for school since I don't have to sit in a very uncomfortable chair.

But if it WAS a very comfy chair, I would wish I had a desktop, since my bed isn't that comfy.
Laptop, and actually PC refers to the standard "Windows" operating system. Desktop is the word you are looking for.

I like my laptop cuz i can take it anywhere in my house and go online. Plus i use an external hard drive to help the performance of mine.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
Quote by djrue211
Laptop, and actually PC refers to the standard "Windows" operating system. Desktop is the word you are looking for.

Ah, OK. I just came back from a session so I'm kinda dozy atm.
Quote by djrue211

I like my laptop cuz i can take it anywhere in my house and go online. Plus i use an external hard drive to help the performance of mine.

pcs where out years before windows, a pc is any computer used for personal use.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Quote by Masonpwiley

It's a still a Personal Computer. People who think macs are somehow not PCs are n00bs. The fact that it has a different OS changes nothing.

No, Mac's are NOT PC's. Just go to apple's website and check it.... or you think you are more inteligent then them?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

A personal computer (PC) is a computer whose original sales price, size, and capabilities make it useful for individuals, and intended to be operated directly by an end user, with no intervening computer operator.

Today a PC may be a desktop computer, a laptop computer or a tablet computer. The most common operating systems are Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and Linux, while the most common microprocessors are the x86 and PowerPC CPUs

straight from wiki
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

I'm using my laptop. Sat in the living room, where it's comfy.
Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca (aka Ashe) of the Final Fantasy Elite. PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
PC for me but i wish i had a laptop,i'd be willing tosacrifice my screen size speed etc for portability

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
I have both. I bought a laptop because I thought I'd be bringing it around with me everywhere in college, taking notes on it, etc.. Realized I wasn't doing that and that it was starting to fall apart after a year, so I built myself a sweet desktop that I use for everything.
Quote by Bleeding_me
No, Mac's are NOT PC's. Just go to apple's website and check it.... or you think you are more inteligent then them?

You sound like a fucking 10 year old.
PC has nothing to do with what operating system you're using, it stands for Personal Computer, not Windows - Apple's just fucked in the head or something.
I normally use my PC but its getting slower everyday. Im using a laptop now because it's 3am and my parents can't know im surfing the net in the wee hours
Quote by Bleeding_me

It's called a marketing gimmick. Stop being such a fanboy, with your apple avatar and everything. Macs are Personal Computers.
Quote by Masonpwiley
It's called a marketing gimmick. Stop being such a fanboy, with your apple avatar and everything. Macs are Personal Computers.

no, sorry, won't stop
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

wrong thread
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Page 1 of 2