I got the RG1527 w/ Evo7 and X2N7 and it absolutely slays. Killer looks, tone (will get to that in a minute), playability and awesomeness! I love the music123 black color instead of the blue as well; very slick

But the guy I bought it from removed the tone knob, and I was wondering how to put it back on. I've googled it and people just say "put it back in." I've tried it but it doesn't work lol. The removed knob is with me, but I think I have to remove that little circular wedge first or something. It's really important to have control over the tone for me so anyone help put it back? I don't want to accidentally **** it up.

Looks like he actually took the pot out and then put a plastic cap on the guitar. It seems this way because there is no shaft sticking up for you to put the knob back onto.

In this case, you'd need a new pot and have to do some rewiring/soldering.
If you know how to do some soldering, just take of the control plate, pop off that cap, and rewire the tone knob in. Done in 10 minutes.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
If you know how to do some soldering, just take of the control plate, pop off that cap, and rewire the tone knob in. Done in 10 minutes.

If he has the pot, made it sound like he just had the knob.
So that thing is just a placeholder that doesn't control anything?

TheProducer is correct. I only have the tone knob. I don't know how to solder and mod guitars well (all I know is how to play and change strings really LOL) so I guess I'll just leave it for now.

Is the tone set to full by default? As long as it's dialed all the way up, that's fine by me.

How much do you reckon a shop will charge for it? I'm really happy with the tone so I'm probably not gonna fix it but if I happen to drop by a guitar shop at some point and it doesn't cost too much, I might get the knob put back in.
Quote by ZylitoL
So that thing is just a placeholder that doesn't control anything?

TheProducer is correct. I only have the tone knob. I don't know how to solder and mod guitars well (all I know is how to play and change strings really LOL) so I guess I'll just leave it for now.

Is the tone set to full by default? As long as it's dialed all the way up, that's fine by me.

How much do you reckon a shop will charge for it? I'm really happy with the tone so I'm probably not gonna fix it but if I happen to drop by a guitar shop at some point and it doesn't cost too much, I might get the knob put back in.

Yeah, it's just a cover over the hole by the looks of it. If he took the pot out I assume that he wired straight through, so the tone should be maxed out. No idea how much it would cost.
Quote by TheProducer
Yeah, it's just a cover over the hole by the looks of it. If he took the pot out I assume that he wired straight through, so the tone should be maxed out. No idea how much it would cost.

Thanks a lot for your input man!!

Anyone know how much it'd cost?
Quote by ZylitoL
Thanks a lot for your input man!!

Anyone know how much it'd cost?

Cheers, bro.

The pot itself would cost hardly anything. Maybe $3. The cost would really be dependent on how long it took and their hourly rate for stuff like that. I'm not quite sure how much it usually is.
My guess would be no more than $20.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Alright sweet. I'll take it down there sometime if I get around to it.

Thanks UG for all your help. Now I'm out to play some Petrucci on this thing.
Quote by ZylitoL
Alright sweet. I'll take it down there sometime if I get around to it.

Thanks UG for all your help. Now I'm out to play some Petrucci on this thing.

you have to realize though that without the tone knob it's effectively on 11 all the time, by getting the tone pot put back in, you'll be limiting it to 10 again.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
you have to realize though that without the tone knob it's effectively on 11 all the time, by getting the tone pot put back in, you'll be limiting it to 10 again.

Ok I understand.