Now I was talking with my luthier who is building my guitar, baout what kind of finger baord wood i wanted.

I told him i did not like maple( preference), i prefered rosewood, then he told me about cocobolo, a wood from mexico, i found it looked and felt much the same

I would like to know if anybody knows more about the tone this wood gives off, confort of playing and all

thank you
Quote by Schweet!
...bamboo

spam much?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I never heard of this, but does he have a chunk of it, so you could just at least touch it and see how it feels? Granted this will only give you a hint at what it might feel on a guitar though.
I like maple, but rosewood seems more smooth and soft to play on. Never heard about the other wood.
Quote by TheQuailman
I never heard of this, but does he have a chunk of it, so you could just at least touch it and see how it feels? Granted this will only give you a hint at what it might feel on a guitar though.

I touched some last night, couldnt really tel lthe diff :P

very beautiful though
ebony is a nice hard, dense wood if you like it. it really resonates. and looks good with a natural body and black hardware.

or my other personal favorite, satine, is just as hard and dense as ebony. is awesome with a natural body and chrome hardware.

both are great for either freted or fretless.

what other woods are you getting? (body, neck)
Guitars:
Mitchell MD-100SCE Acoustic/electric
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

my tube preamp project idea