i'm pretty sure this doesn't belong in the drug thread, because it's a drink. if i'm wrong, sorry.

anyone ever tried it? not the fake crap("Absente"), but the tradional Absenthe with wormwood in it?
i killed a bottle awhile back with a couple of buddies. it was alright, the "trip" wasn't what i expected out of it. no hangover; which was a plus. the taste wasn't that bad, i'm a fan of Jager anyway. although, we didn't drink it in the traditional manner(with the sugar cubes).
eh, i guess it was pretty cool. we were(well, i know i was) pretty sloshed by the time the last drinks rolled around.

got any cool stories from Absenthe?

oh, btw, it is legal for possession in the US - only illegal for distribution and manufacturing.
There's a road that leads to the end of all suffering. You should take it.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
well it does actually belong in the drug thread
yeah i've done it once or twice it was quite different then i thought it to be. I thought it would turn you into a stupid bastard like alcohol but it kinda gave me a more philosophical side i guess. It was definitely worth it.
Isnt it called Absinthe, not absenthe?:O and yeah, its a drug
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Ive always wanted a botlle of
Mansinthe, the manson manufactured kind
but i dont know if it has wormwood in it
but its black
come on
i had the green stuff.comletely wrecked me
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
It's Absinthe, or Absinth
Original Absinthe contains thujone which at a concentration of more than 50mg/l can give you a trip, but in many countries you have a limit of 10mg/l and in some it's even prohibited. Original Absinthe has the louche effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

you can't legally get Absinthe with more than 10mg/l of thujone in the EU
but in the US it's basicly unrestricted
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thujone#Regulations
Quote by gnpwdrtreason
but its black
come on

lol. yeeeeeeeeeaaaaah, don't think i'll be drinking any black shit.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
Quote by gnpwdrtreason
but its black
come on

It tastes and smells like sewage, I wouldn't waste your money
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by Mr. B
drug thread. even though you can drink it, its still a drug.

Doesn't have to be. You can have a good Absinthe with a good Louche with a small amount of thujone, which basically doesn't do anything to you

but yeah, I admit that it's like saying that you can make tea out of grass
It's absinthe.

Only had the green stuff. It is strong.

My mate has some smallish bottles of red, blue and black in his cupboard, but he refuses to touch them.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
e absinthe dot com sells it and guarantees shipping to usa. and they have the manson stuff lol.

jym
do the sugar cubes actually improve the taste?

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
Quote by garden of grey
Whether a psychoactive substance is in a solid, liquid, or crystal form or how it is ingested, it's still a drug. A "drug" is any substance with psychoactive effects. (Alcohol is a sedative dissociative)

well, that's true. but they all fuck you up in one manner or another.
you can even trip off of nutmeg in high doses; but people don't consider it a labeled "drug."

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
I've had the green absinthe once before, rather strong I must proclaim. One hell of a hefty drink, the one I had was about 60%, but the black stuff is closer to 80%.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
^yeah, i really didn't experience the supposed "trip," and even if i did, i was too drunk to notice.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
you can buy it legally in the US now the real stuff) with a thujone limit of 10mg/liter which is actually stronger than traditional absinthe, the Czech stuff has a lot more thujone, but also tastes really horrible. That being said, I quite like it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Never tried it. Judging by a friend's reaction after he had a sip of it, I don't really want to.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
The only time I had any I was last mardi gras down in New Orleans. I smoked some dudes out for a couple shots, and I was already trashed when I drank the stuff, so...
I got very drunk when i had it but i think the amount you've gotta drink in order to trip is enough to get you absolutel wankered so you dont remember anyway :/
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Absinthe = no tripping. Ever.

This. The quantities of Thujone present are so small not even a two year old would trip. Just die from alcohol poisoning.

It's tasty **** though, even if it's strong enough to be used to strip paint and clean spoons.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Some people say alcohol is a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink.

E-cookies for anyone who gets the reference...
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
I think I remember reading about a guy who drank a yard of it and died, lol, idiot
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
One time I downed a load of yellow absinthe that a friend had brought back from canada, I was already past tipsy at the time, and had to wash away the burn with another pint, so I was pretty wasted... fun times
Whoa!

Pretty strong stuff man, i never go near the absinthe. I know a guy who loves the stuff but that guy is a bevy vetran.
Quote by GrEgUms1991
Whoa!

Pretty strong stuff man, i never go near the absinthe. I know a guy who loves the stuff but that guy is a bevy vetran.

Good point, I wouldn't recommend drinking it if you can't really hold your booze all that well. If you use it just to try and get drunk, it's gonna end up really messy.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by ottoavist
^yeah, i really didn't experience the supposed "trip," and even if i did, i was too drunk to notice.

how much thujone did it have?
Hallucinogenic properties of nowadays absinthe is just advertise. Absinthe that they made at the end of XIX century had much more thujone than today's ones. But without that hype they would be selling 80% less bottles.
It's still good to drink thought (remember to read about absinthe drinking rituals), but you won't rather understand, why that French guy cut off his ear.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
I have a bottle of Czech Absinth (the lack of an final "e" denotes Czech style absinthe with less anise and more wormwood) of 70% here. I don't even want to think how it feels if drunk straight. Disinfectant alcohol solutions also happens to be exactly 70%...
Diluted with some ice water it's rather nice though, kind of a liquorice smell.

The thujone won't get you tripping no, it doesn't come even close to the threshold needed (we are talking 70% alcohol here ) in a normal dosage.
Some sites advertise absinthe kits you can make with vodka; DON'T buy them. Normal absinthe is distilled after the herbs are seeped in alcohol to get rid of most of the insanely bitter taste of wormwood. Unless you like insanely bitter stuff of course...
I've had plenty of different kinds, varying from the crappy ethanol-with-food-dye to the extreme up all night arguing with people who aren't there stuff. It's good on occasion, but bad regularly.

The museum in Antibes is well worth a visit if you're serious about it.
"By 1915, absinthe had been banned in the United States and in most European countries except the United Kingdom, Spain, Portugal, and the Austro-Hungarian Empire."
Hehe, Portugal ^^
I tried it once with a friend, lets just say i wont drink it anytime soon.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Dylan_IE
I have a bottle of Czech Absinth (the lack of an final "e" denotes Czech style absinthe with less anise and more wormwood) of 70% here. I don't even want to think how it feels if drunk straight. Disinfectant alcohol solutions also happens to be exactly 70%...
Diluted with some ice water it's rather nice though, kind of a liquorice smell.

The thujone won't get you tripping no, it doesn't come even close to the threshold needed (we are talking 70% alcohol here ) in a normal dosage.
Some sites advertise absinthe kits you can make with vodka; DON'T buy them. Normal absinthe is distilled after the herbs are seeped in alcohol to get rid of most of the insanely bitter taste of wormwood. Unless you like insanely bitter stuff of course...

Absinth is very different from Absinthe. It doesn't even have louche (from my experience anyway)