Hey guys. I'm looking into some 5 strings. I'm looking for one with a slimmer neck cause my fingers are short and chubby. Any suggestions guys?
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
4 string tuned 2 BEAD
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
jazz basses have really short necks at the top but down by the 7th or 9th fret your ****ed just stick with a 4 string and set your action to BEAD like he said
I'd definately recommend Ibanez, their necks are really thin!!
i havnt tried any to be honest, but i have played some Ibanez guitars, & i've seen a couple basses, & they ALL have thin necks!
Quote by Vampire 255
4 string tuned 2 BEAD

the thing is i wanna play more Dream Theater so I cant really do that with 4 strings. Plus I dont really like doin that. Messes up my strings plus it sounds bad.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by _-Joey-_
I'd definately recommend Ibanez, their necks are really thin!!
i havnt tried any to be honest, but i have played some Ibanez guitars, & i've seen a couple basses, & they ALL have thin necks!

Alright thanks man. I'll take a look at some Ibanezes.
Quote by metalcore123

I'm bringing farts back!
Ibanez SR405

It's like sex. My Buddy picked his up in a pawn shop for just over $200 about a year and a half ago.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
My fingers are slim and short.

With proper fretting technique, the only concern on a neck should be comfort. I play on a thick baseball bat 5 string Warwick neck better than on a 4 string jazz.

Comfort is all.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by SoftParade1967
the thing is i wanna play more Dream Theater so I cant really do that with 4 strings. Plus I dont really like doin that. Messes up my strings plus it sounds bad.

DREAM THEATER = 6-STRING BASS

plus, you can always experiment with an extra two strings than normal xP

i actually have a 6-string Washburn BB-6, think i have a picture of it on my profile.

its really great, although when looking at it from a slight distance, the cut-away looks oddly huge
Quote by Eric Needreary
A 5-stringed bass isn't a good choice.
I prefer 4-stringed basses...

Any reason you say that it's not a good choice? Just because you don't like them doesn't make them a bad choice, and if the TS is looking to branch out, good on him, it will help him with the music he wants to play.

I play a Schecter Elite-5, the neck isn't too big, but there are some 5ers out there with necks that are alot thinner, check out some Ibanez basses. If you get the chance though try out Schecter, you won't regret it.