well... the title pretty explains it, post ur fav tuning, y, and a song in it

i'm trying to learn some new stuff and expand my horizons..mainly into blues and some heavier stuff..but any cool sounding songs will help
Drop-C. Mostly because it souds mean
edit: Sixpounder by Children of Bodom is in drop-c
Signatures are overrated.
Last edited by seanie! at Jun 19, 2008,
Drop d because a lot of songs i play use that tuning and it's convient to stay in it with easy power chords
GEAR:
Ibanez GSA60 guitar
perri blue lighting strap
Digitech RP250 pedal
Marshall MG30 Amp

Quote by Glen
I call these Glen wads, they'll get you high just on flavor alone

FOUNDER OF THE JONAS BROTHERS SUCK group join today
Quote by seanie!
Drop-C. Mostly because it souds mean

that and open C.
i blame devin townsend and zimmers hole
Dropped C - most SOAD stuff, and general heavy metal/thrash e.t.c.

Standard - For some nice happy ****
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Standard ...

It's the most convenient to play in.

Wrong. The most convenient and my favorite is Open D minor.

Why? You automatically have all minor chords in front of you, and when you fret the G string (now tuned to F) a fret higher than the others, TADA major chords.

It also makes it easier to know where certain notes are at because you have two strings tuned to A and three tuned to D.

edit: I don't know any songs in it, I don't really know if anyone uses it but me.
for most of the stuff i write, i tune all the strings down 1/2 step because standard just sounds too bright for me. its fun to play in drop D flat too. u can play super charger heaven (w00t) and songs from mezmerize. u can make it sound way heavier than drop d and u dont have to worry about people telling u u suck because you use it ("drop d is for noobs, blah blah... oh d FLAT??? better not question that it has a flat in it!)
last part was a joke
Drop D, as well as D standard... oh & B standard, but only with 7-strings & 5/6-string basses

i think they're mean, aggressive & powerful!!

Drop - Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation by Trivium
D standard - almost all slightly older Children Of Bodom (my favourite band)
B standard - Fear Factory, ermm.... Mnemic, i think?!! & Bring Me The Horizon

g# d# g# c# f a#
i love really low drop tunings.

b f# b e a b
same reason as above, but with an open-tuning style playing.
Last edited by ctb at Jun 19, 2008,
e standard FTW!!!

My reasoning is all my blues theory stuff for lessons is in e standard, and I'd get lost in the note naming (yeahh I use notation... not tabs! You can't play guitar till you read sheet music )

I also play a lot of RHCP, Zeppelin type stuff, so e standard where it's at

I like my acoustic in e flat though, it sounds better because of the increased bass from it (it's a thinbody)

EDIT: and I use 9's(on my strat and acoustic), so drop tunings are kind of loose
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
My current fav is D-Standard, that is: D G C F A D
I'm used to standard tuning, however I love the way a Dmin Pentatonic feels. Any lower than that, you begin to depend on power chords, and I'm tired of those.

I use this tuning to write songs, but rarely to play other music. I think Steve Vai plays in D Standard on a couple pieces off his Alien Love Secrets Album.
down half a step. i dont care if anyone says it doesnt make a difference because it DOES.
member of the fender armada. PM mr_hankey or hendriko to join

cuz fender is awxome its true
Quote by Phobos&Deimos
My current fav is D-Standard, that is: D G C F A D
I'm used to standard tuning, however I love the way a Dmin Pentatonic feels. Any lower than that, you begin to depend on power chords, and I'm tired of those.

I use this tuning to write songs, but rarely to play other music. I think Steve Vai plays in D Standard on a couple pieces off his Alien Love Secrets Album.

+1, I don't like powerchords, although I don't really play metal that much, usually metallica is the closest, I can never get stuff right if I'm playing like newer metal (atreyu, lamb of god and such)
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Lumberjackted11
Open Dm, sounds beautiful.

I guess I'm not the only one.
Quote by danyellenik
+1, I don't like powerchords, although I don't really play metal that much, usually metallica is the closest, I can never get stuff right if I'm playing like newer metal (atreyu, lamb of god and such)

D Standards Unite!
Quote by Phobos&Deimos
D Standards Unite!

yeah man, i forgot to add that I use it quite often, along with e flat on my acoustic, it sound sooo nice because it adds some nice depth to the sound of my acoustic, especially it being a thinbody
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by ctb
g# d# g# c# f a#
i love really low drop tunings.

b f# b e a b
same reason as above, but with an open-tuning style playing.

+1 and the standard tunings that go with it.
Also the fact that my guitar is broken and I can only tune it to C standard and lower
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket