Just wondering how long UGers play guitar in a typical day wether it be alone or jaming with some budies

me I play all day off and on practicing diferent stuff
but when im with my freind who plays guitar we usualy go with 6 hour intervals making up songs
the time seems to fly when jammn
On and off all day, so I'd say around 10-12 hours on an average day.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
I'm on vacation right now, so I may only strum my acoustic I brought for 2 hours. When I'm at home though I play all day.
Normal school day about 4 hours.....weekends probably about 12. Normal summer vacation day at least 6 hours, and weekedns still about 12.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Not as often as I should.

Maybe 3-4 hours a day.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
About an hour each day. Sometimes I go nuts and play 12 hours in 1 day, but that doesn't happen often.
I just sit with my guitar when I'm at home and talk to ppl on msn/ultimate-guitar forums

Today was crazy though, had two girls over after our exam, they kept making me learn/play songs all day, they finally left about 10 minutes ago, I'm not complaining though, I got some from one of them earlier if you know what I mean
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
i play pretty much all day
i always have my guitar in my hands....

i stop for maybe 15 mins to eat.....
i play for as long as i can be bothered to, generaly half an hour, then i stop, then i get bored and play again and so on...
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by Kiffa
On and off all day, so I'd say around 10-12 hours on an average day.

damn dude get a life
I usually practice maybe 4 hours a day on and off... so I'll play for maybe 30 minutes here, an hour there... and it usually goes on like that for a while. I'm not necessarily sure whether or not this is a good practice routine, but it works for me.
today has probably been about 4 hours, and there will probably be another hour done...
so on average at least 5 hours a day
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
i play bass about an hour a day if that. i don't have time over the summer, hanging out with friends all day and everything. I also don't really have anything to practice anymore. I've learned all the songs i ever wanted to learn and i' pretty good at each technique. I know a little bit of theery but i can jam and improvise just fine without it so i don't feel liek studying theory. i mostly just noodle around now and write stuff.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
much longer than i intend on doing. lol.
up to a few hours straight.
usually not much more than 2 or 3 hours. I have a job.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I play around 3 hours or so, but it's not enough - if I played 24/7 it still wouldn't be enough.
I play guitar for 10 hours a day i get no ****in sleep i just go to school come home play guitar then do homework at 9 then play guitar all night long
Quote by fafinaf
damn dude get a life

Wow, I never did come back to this thread, so I missed this.

I go out all the time, and there's always a guitar where ever I am, and I did say on and off, I'm not constantly playing, can't be arsed explaining more than that, I've lost all will to type.

For the record, I actually do suck at guitar.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
7 normally, if I have nothing else to do or I'm having a good day though I normally play anywhere between 9-12 hours
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
around 3 hours on weekdays when I'm alone, but on weekends with friends 6+ hours easily

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
about and hour and a half.

That's why I'm still noob-ish.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
all night friday and saturday

about 3 hours on other days
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
It varies. Most of the time it is at least an hour a day, but it is a lot more if I am with somebody, or have new gear.

The fact that I don't have an amp to use right now makes me play it less, but once I get my JCM 900 I will probably play a lot more. The fact that I am not going to have to plug my pedals in also makes me more likely to play, I can just plug right into the amp and shred away.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I actually havnt played for 3 weeks now. Yesterday I played for half an hour but that was it. I normally play it for 2 hours.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
i only play when im depressed. but thats a fair bit, 6 hours some days, no guitar at all some days
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Quote by splamron
about and hour and a half.

That's why I'm still noob-ish.

It's not about how long you play. It's about how you practice. An hour and a half is plenty of time for practice. Most of the people on this board probably just noodle around rather than have a strict practice regimen anyways.

Today, I played for about an hour. I think so far this month, I've played a total of two hours. The last time I played though was probably the best blues jam session I've ever had in all of my years of guitar playing.