i'm looking into buying a peavey valveking but i'm not sure as to if i shoudl go for the 112 or the 212 model. it's mainly gonna be used in my bedroom but also for gigs with my band, the question i need answered is would it be better for me to buy the 112 and save £60 but have to mic up the amp through a PA or should i go for the 212 model?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
You want 1 or 2 bad speakers?...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
well if the speakers bad i can just replace it at a later date. i don't think i need 2 speakers, but i suppose it would be nice for the extra headroom.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
112, it's hella loud, could probably play a venue of about 1000 w/o micing.
Plus if you change your speaker you'll only have to pay for one.
I choose 212....it's better for distortion.
Speakers aren't THAT bad at all.
They're just not that good either xD
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Don't be silly, a 50w tube amp is far louder than you think. It's only negligibly quieter than the 212.

Get the 112 and upgrade the speaker. A better speaker will make it louder anyway, as well as improving the tone from the appalling stock one.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
ok thanks guys for the quick responses
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
yeah i think i'm gonna go for the 112 with a speaker upgrade in the near future. any suggestions on what speaker to go for?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Quote by twistedmaggot
yeah i think i'm gonna go for the 112 with a speaker upgrade in the near future. any suggestions on what speaker to go for?

Celestion Vintage 30 seems to be the popular choice. Doesn't necessarily mean it's the best one, though.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
is it a simple job changing a speaker or would i be better off getting someone professional to do it? i don't really have much experience with soldering. also will changing the speaker change the tone of the guitar, or just improve the overall sound?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
all I know is that they are voiced differently and that the Warehouse clone versions are good too. I would walk thru the Only Valve King thread and Search on 'Valveking and new speakers' just in case you don't get more answers in this thread.

I can't help much more as I haven't really done the right research yet.
ahh ok thanks for your help anyway
Quote by Martyr's Prayer