Hey guys! I just found a little robin with a broken leg on the road and he either can't even fly yet or he can't with his broken leg, cuz I saw him flapping his wings and stuff. Anyways, I have a little box which I filled with shredded toilet paper and he's in there just being quiet now and not doing anything except looking around. Does anyone know how I can feed him, and help mend his leg?

What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks!

But please nobody post any random comments trying to be funny like "eat him" or something, because I'm seriously looking for help!
umm catch worms or insects and chop them into little bits, good luck getting him to eat it though.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Take it to an animal shelter. Or that place with the abbreviated name. ASPCA?
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
Quote by lateraluspiral
umm catch worms or insects and chop them into little bits, good luck getting him to eat it though.

I already tried to feed him with a worm but he wouldn't open his mouth... He's probably really frightened right now, although I'm trying to calm him down and not being loud and stuff.
You have to re-set his leg and try to make a cast for it. when you make the cast, wrap the set leg in TP then add plaster-o-paris on top.

To feed him, mush up earthworms and try to get him to eat them.

Good luck.

BTW....pics? Birdies are cute.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
small insects
fruit
seeds
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Call RSPB or whatever you're country's equivalent is. They'll tell you what to do.

Then again if you've touched it and everything it may be too tame. Just keep it warm, make sure it's fed etc etc
Phoning the RSPCA / RSPB (Or similar organisation depending on what country you live) is probably the best idea they will know what to do and care for the bird.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
Once he's older, you can get him to sit on your shoulder, and at your own disposal, send him off to tear out the eyes of your victims.

But take him to the vet first.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Quote by Milaneus
I knew that one of the first comments would be contradictorily this.

I was expecting 'rape him,' personally.

That'd be monstrous, though. He's got to be like three weeks old.

Take him to a vet or some equivalent service.
Consult proper sources for caring for an injured bird, not the Pit?

"The American Robin's diet generally consists of around 40 percent invertebrates, such as beetle grubs, caterpillars, and grasshoppers, and 60 percent wild and cultivated fruits and berries. It forages primarily on the ground for soft-bodied invertebrates, and finds worms by sight, pouncing on them and then pulling them up. Nestlings are fed mainly on worms and other soft-bodied animal prey"

My girlfriend found a baby crow once with a broken wing.
She's currently nursing it back to health, and training it to be her killer attack crow.
Last edited by AA00P at Jun 19, 2008,
Quote by musicmanstinger
Phoning the RSPCA / RSPB (Or similar organisation depending on what country you live) is probably the best idea they will know what to do and care for the bird.

What could that be for Canada?
The best thing you can do is kill it unfortunately, it's probably too young to make a decent recovery.

Just snap the poor little bastards neck, it's better than a cat or something eating its insides while it's still alive
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy
The best thing you can do is kill it unfortunately, it's probably too young to make a decent recovery.

Just snap the poor little bastards neck, it's better than a cat or something eating its insides while it's still alive

I'm not gonna kill it guys, He's not that badly injured!
birds and stuff can heal up surprisingly quick.. i wouldn't worry about his leg.. the best thing you can do is phone the SPCA or any animal control to tell you what to do. they may suggest that you give it up as the bird may be carrying disease.

anyway.. phone the pros.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by AA00P
Consult proper sources for caring for an injured bird, not the Pit?

"The American Robin's diet generally consists of around 40 percent invertebrates, such as beetle grubs, caterpillars, and grasshoppers, and 60 percent wild and cultivated fruits and berries. It forages primarily on the ground for soft-bodied invertebrates, and finds worms by sight, pouncing on them and then pulling them up. Nestlings are fed mainly on worms and other soft-bodied animal prey"

My girlfriend found a baby crow once with a broken wing.
She's currently nursing it back to health, and training it to be her killer attack crow.

"Killer attack bird"
See? My idea = win.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Did anyone else misread the title as "Help! Found a baby with a broken leg!"?

Anywho.

Probably a vet or something. I request pictures of the little bugger though. You should name him Pit
Quote by Aaron0612
"Killer attack bird"
See? My idea = win.

Very much so!
I would put it into the hands of a professional i.e., Animal Hospital, rather than trying to play docter with a bird.

What are they going to do? say no? So what. It's a bird. Natural Selection and such.
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
Throw him away. You are wasting your compassion on a being that does not even understand what compassion is. If you really wanted to be humane you should kill it to put it out of it's misery. Humans have gotten soft. It's a damn robin.
Quote by rock_and_blues
Throw him away. You are wasting your compassion on a being that does not even understand what compassion is. If you really wanted to be humane you should kill it to put it out of it's misery. Humans have gotten soft. It's a damn robin.

Yeah, and you're a damn human. **** you!
Quote by Milaneus
Yeah, and you're a damn human. **** you!

Yes I am a human. I would have eaten it, but you didn't want that response so I tried to give you some ideas which I thought best suited the situation.

Your "**** you" is also real mature. I'd expect that level of maturity from someone who is willing to waste more than a minute of their life as to what to do with an injured robin.
Quote by rock_and_blues

Compassion is one of the most important things that makes us human. If you can't waste it on a damn robin, perhaps you're the one that cannot comprehend such compassion?
Quote by AA00P
Compassion is one of the most important things that makes us human. If you can't waste it on a damn robin, perhaps you're the one that cannot comprehend such compassion?

I save my compassion for beings that understand what compassion is and can return it. Namely other humans.
Do the right thing and wring its neck.

Seriously.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...