well i've got this 4 track recorder, it belonged to my dad, he leant it to my uncle, my dad has forgotten how to use it and has no need for it so he gave it to me.
Its a Tascan Ministudio porta 03 mkII,i've been thinking about recording stuff onto it. sure tape may be outdated but its worth trying, im sure it beats my phone

So any of you had any experience with these or can reccomend other equpment for the future
ive got a tascam: dp-02 digital recorder ilove it its an 8-track recorder...it was only about 300 $ go to guitar center or the website and check it out

click on my name and all my songs are recorded off it.....metal!
Quote by Ibanez_4
ive got a tascam: dp-02 digital recorder ilove it its an 8-track recorder...it was only about 300 $ go to guitar center or the website and check it out

click on my name and all my songs are recorded off it.....metal!

Hah... that was... supportive... I guess
You like it
hahah its a better product new age **** haha but if you were to post a picture of it i could definetly help you!!!!!!!
My old band used to record with a 4 track.

Usually, you have to to record twice, and it's two tracks on each run. The machine records one session down the left hand side of the tape (the forwards side) and the second down the right hand side. (the reverse side, if you were playing it as a usual cassette)

Because it records in strips, this makes it possible to mix after recording. The recording will then have to be outputted into a computer or a minidisc or something- the tape can only be played on a 4 track recorder.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i only see 3 trcks???
soory dude i cant read the buttons looks like the knobs to the left are for tone then the tracks and im guessing the buttons below the caseette are ,play ,stop, rec, etc
sorry crappy phone pic as i said. There are four tracks, the slider things you see ajust the volume and stuff, at least i think i havnt got to try it properly, the knobs on the left of the slider things are the tracks, i don't have an instruction manual either, stuff online has confused me so i figured it would be easier to ask people. theres 2 line out plugs, one for headphones(on the sides), two for mics(on top) and obviously one for the power.
Quote by Ibanez_4
i only see 3 trcks???
soory dude i cant read the buttons looks like the knobs to the left are for tone then the tracks and im guessing the buttons below the caseette are ,play ,stop, rec, etc

Read my post.

Those will be for the tracks 1 and 2, tracks 3 and 4, and then a master level. (At least, I would have thought so)
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices