Guitar Centre is it reliable? I am from Malta and want to import an Ibanez Jumpstart Package from them. Do they ship to Malta? And how much will the shipping cost? And what about money transaction etc? When someone imported a guitar from them, did it came in good condition? Did it came fast? Did it came at all?
Last edited by Wolfboy6 at Jun 19, 2008,
eh i would never buy a jumpstart package. you can get a used guitar and a used amp for around the same price and these are a huge improvement.
They are reliable, and you'll certainly get good gear from them. You'll just pay more than you need to for it.
I thought you said your parents wouldn't allow you to import. Also I wouldn't buy a packaged guitar but yes guitar center is reliable.
GC is reliable, its whoever is shipping it that you need to check are reliable

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
hmm... but by shipping all the parts separetaly may become a headache... Guitar, Amp, etc...

@Tom Horn : What do you mean 'it's whoever is shipping it that you need to check are reliable'? GC has a shipping company which is think it's reliable... I am not going to buy used gear... so it ships as new from store.

@Capilot911 : As for my parents, I think I can make them change their mind by time... :p
oh ok mate, sorry i didnt know that they had their own shipping company, you sure thats international though? not just for domestic shipping in the US?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Used gear is cheaper, but it comes with fear. If it is used then I assume it will not ship from the shop and it might not be in a very good condition...
Quote by Tom Horn
oh ok mate, sorry i didnt know that they had their own shipping company, you sure thats international though? not just for domestic shipping in the US?

Standard Shipping
Most orders shipped via Standard Shipping will arrive in just 5 business days. No delivery on weekends. (For Saturday delivery see Overnight and 2-Day Shipping below.)

Merchandise Total Standard Shipping Rates Determined By Sub Total Of Merchandise:
$0.01 to $50.00 ONLY $5.95
$50.01 to $75.00 ONLY $7.95
$75.01 to $98.99 ONLY $8.95
$99.00 and over is FREE*

*Free Shipping

* Large packages may require an additional shipping charge, see product description page or shopping cart for estimated shipping cost.
* Excluding in-store and Used.GuitarCenter.com purchases
* Valid on most shipments to Lower 48 states.
* Not valid on orders shipping to Post Office Boxes.
* Free shipping to APO/FPO addresses limited to 70 lbs. per box and is subject to the same restrictions as domestic deliveries.

Shipping Policies:

* Verified orders via Standard Shipping typically arrive in just 5 business days!
o Orders ship from our centrally located, state of the art distribution center to ensure fast delivery
o Our team of service professionals work 24/7 to ensure that your order is accurate and on time.
* As a security precaution, some orders may require extended verification.
* To make sure you get your gear as quickly as possible, your order may arrive in multiple boxes over multiple days, but you will not be charged more for shipping as a result.
* If in-stock items on the order have already shipped, back order items will be sent UPS Ground.
* Lighter weight items may be shipped via USPS.
* Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico can only be shipped via air services. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and U.S. territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) are shipped by USPS Priority Mail (3-6 business days). NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
* We are not able to ship Yamaha products to Puerto Rico, Guam, or the Virgin Islands.
* For additional information on International shipping, click here.

*Overnight and 2-Day shipping

* Rates determined by weight and zone. To see shipping estimate, add product(s) to shopping cart, enter zip code, then click Estimate. Large packages may require additional shipping charge, see product description page or shopping cart.
* All delivery times listed are measured in business days. For example, an Overnight order placed on Friday should arrive on the following Monday.
* Saturday delivery is available for a $30 fee in addition to the Overnight or 2-Day rate calculated by the weight of the order. The Saturday delivery option is limited to areas where FedEx provides this service and excludes heavy items. In addition, orders for Saturday delivery must be placed by 5 p.m. Eastern Time on the preceding Friday. If you require Saturday delivery, please place your order by phone.
Though it does not say if it ships in Europe or not... that's my worry... they have no e-mail address... that's why I asked on this forum
thats what i thought i'm sure that you could contact one of their stores? if they are affiliated with the websote they wil have access to the same stock wont they? worth a try....

would it not be easier to maybe buy from a european comapany?

i know that GAK are pretty easy to get hold of to talk to....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Wolfboy6
Though it does not say if it ships in Europe or not... that's my worry... they have no e-mail address... that's why I asked on this forum

They don't.

I'm affraid most of the major American sites don't ship outside the US...

Try www.thomann.de

They're pretty cheap and they ship to Malta.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jun 19, 2008,
Quote by Bonsaischaap
They don't.

I'm affraid most of the major American sites don't ship outside the US...

Try www.thomann.de

They're pretty cheap and they ship to Malta.

Yeah that's a good website 10x
Quote by Tom Horn
would it not be easier to maybe buy from a european comapany?

i know that GAK are pretty easy to get hold of to talk to....

Yeah, but they won't even ship a guitar to the Netherlands. They're setting up a system for international orders though, but it'll take a few more months, or so they told me. I'd just go with Thomann if I were you.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Guitar Center is in the USA and when you import things from there you pay DUTY and VAT which would be half the price on what you paid, this is also callulated on the shipping cost too.

What about that site I gave you in another thread www.thomann.de

I'll be ordering a new Epiphone from them in the coming weeks. The one I seen in Malta is 967 Euros plus the case at 105 euors. At Thomann the guitar is 700 Euros and case is 50 Euros.

Did you go to the Ministry of Music today? I was there a while back and interested in buying the Epiphone but they only wanted to lower the price by LM15

So now I know where I will be getting my next guitar from and at Christmas I'll by my daughter a Epi SG from Thomann too

Malta

guitar and case = 1072 Euros

Thomann

guiat and case = 750 Euros

1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
don't forget about customs charges and postage.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Mr. Flying V
Guitar Center is in the USA and when you import things from there you pay DUTY and VAT which would be half the price on what you paid, this is also callulated on the shipping cost too.

What about that site I gave you in another thread www.thomann.de

I'll be ordering a new Epiphone from them in the coming weeks. The one I seen in Malta is 967 Euros plus the case at 105 euors. At Thomann the guitar is 700 Euros and case is 50 Euros.

Did you go to the Ministry of Music today? I was there a while back and interested in buying the Epiphone but they only wanted to lower the price by LM15

So now I know where I will be getting my next guitar from and at Christmas I'll by my daughter a Epi SG from Thomann too

Malta

guitar and case = 1072 Euros

Thomann

guiat and case = 750 Euros

ok 10x man. I checked that website and found a Bundle that costs 215 Euros inc Vat and Shipping. But on another page it says that it costs 30 Euros for Shipping to Malta and thats is 215+30 = 245 Euros while my Budget is 225 Euros. That Keeps me 20 Euros on the ground... Did you order from thomann before? Are they Reliable? They say to Malta it takes 4-6 days to arrive.

This is the Bundle : http://www.thomann.de/gb/prod_cbundle_231.html?gk=gieghe&cbcid=1383&art=43514
Quote by Wolfboy6

You can email them just fill this out: http://www.guitarcenter.com/CustomerService/ContactUs.aspx?isrnt=1&dept=47 .
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
The guitar I was going to buy was the last one in thier warehouse and when I went and ordered it it was gone so I had to settle for a Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Yes shipping is only 30 Euros.

I just ordered it a few days ago and its in the mail now. Should have it in my hands by the end of this week. I got the Epiphone, a case, 5 sets of strings and shipping for 540 Euros

http://www.thomann.de/gb/prod_bdb_AR_124487.html?image=0
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2012 Messina Classical
Quote by Mr. Flying V
The guitar I was going to buy was the last one in thier warehouse and when I went and ordered it it was gone so I had to settle for a Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Yes shipping is only 30 Euros.

I just ordered it a few days ago and its in the mail now. Should have it in my hands by the end of this week. I got the Epiphone, a case, 5 sets of strings and shipping for 540 Euros

http://www.thomann.de/gb/prod_bdb_AR_124487.html?image=0

Just remember to post pics when it arrives
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I should have pics up by the end of this week or the next, I'm just waiting on it now
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2012 Messina Classical