alright, i've done my research, and the musicman s.u.b. is basically a stingray with a textured body. does anyone know if said body can be sanded and painted with new paint?

furthermore, where do i find guitar paint?
Actually, SUBs were a budget range of Musicman basses.

And customising forum.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
You can refinish instruments easily enough - best to ask in the gear building and customising forum about that.
I think the SUBs also have passive electronics whereas the standard stuff has Active electronics. Most of the stuff you need for paint you can get from a car shop or you can order them from places like stewmac and reranch. You might want a bit of practice before you go stripping the paint of a £500 bass btw.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Pretty sure they have different preamps and/or pickups.
And they MIGHT have been made out of different woods. I can't remember.

If you put a 3band preamp in it then put a good pickup in it, it would turn out to be pretty nice.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
i don't plan on stripping it myself, though. i was just wondering what it takes, and where i could get it done. the main thing was the paint though.

i really wanted the dargie's delight bass by musicman, but it's out of my price range. i was thinking that if i could find the color, then i might be able to paint it.
Quote by chumpzilla
i don't plan on stripping it myself, though. i was just wondering what it takes, and where i could get it done. the main thing was the paint though.

i really wanted the dargie's delight bass by musicman, but it's out of my price range. i was thinking that if i could find the color, then i might be able to paint it.

there are a lot of custom places that will do it for you. Expect to pay around £200 though. Personally i think you're just better off buying a standard musicman rather than a SUB and be spending that on paint and probably pickups as well.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
there are a lot of custom places that will do it for you. Expect to pay around £200 though. Personally i think you're just better off buying a standard musicman rather than a SUB and be spending that on paint and probably pickups as well.

+1

By the time you've got it all customised you will have spent enough to show that you could have bought a used Stingray or something which would be better than having a S.U.B with a better pickup and some different paint.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Very nice...just like MissG's SUB, isn't it? I'm sure she wouldn't mind you PMing her if you have specific questions about it.
Quote by smb
Very nice...just like MissG's SUB, isn't it? I'm sure she wouldn't mind you PMing her if you have specific questions about it.

who dat?
i'm fairly new here, just looking for opinions, help, whatnot.
i really appreciate the help.
how do i find MissG?