07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

It isn't really easy to get John's tone, he uses a hoard of Moog pedals along with many other pedals...i think he uses a modded Boss DS-1 and a Muff for his OD sounds though
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
It isn't really easy to get John's tone, he uses a hoard of Moog pedals along with many other pedals...i think he uses a modded Boss DS-1 and a Muff for his OD sounds though

Nah. He uses standard stock BOSS DS-2 AND Big Muff Pi for soloing. He mixes them. Also, his wah is Ibanez WH10 which is awesome and has a really distinct synth-like sound, the problem is they were discontinued and prices on eBay are skyhigh

EDIT: Of course I don't deny that he uses Moog pedals. Still, "Scar Tissue" is a song from Californication era, when he used just a few effects. Big Muff and DS-2 should do the job, really. Just remember to use a bit overdriven amp, Froosh "clean" sound really clean, throw some dirt there!
Last edited by zombiak at Jun 19, 2008,
Quote by zombiak
Nah. He uses standard stock BOSS DS-2 AND Big Muff Pi for soloing. He mixes them. Also, his wah is Ibanez WH10 which is awesome and has a really distinct synth-like sound, the problem is they were discontinued and prices on eBay are skyhigh

Oh ya forgot that it was a DS-2 and not a DS-1....I really assumed that it was modded, i really didn't think that any pro would use a DS-2!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
Oh ya forgot that it was a DS-2 and not a DS-1....I really assumed that it was modded, i really didn't think that any pro would use a DS-2!

Since I've read that the guy from Static-X likes to use Marshall MG head for overdriven sounds, nothing suprises me After all it's not about gear, it's how you use it. And Froosh does a great job mixing Muff and DS-2.
thank you mattreid for giving me the right answer lol

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

The tone is all in that hair.

/Subjective post
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.