whilst i was on holiday in america i fell in love with philly cheese steaks and for the past 5 days i've been craving one, but i don't know what kind of meat it is, is it called philley steak or is it just a name?

also where can i get some here in merry old England?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
go to the grocery store and buy some steak ums. fry them like one might fry a cheeseburger. put it on bread.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
genos or pats in philadelphia,PA... those are THE places to go if you want the best cheeseteaks

edit:beaten to it
Quote by abdulalhazred
go to the grocery store and buy some steak ums. fry them like one might fry a cheeseburger. put it on bread.

Thank you good man

Edit:

Quote by LinkManDX
Fly to Philadelphia, and get one from Pat's or Geno's.

We don't discriminate here in Philly.

I wish i could afford to just fly there whenever i wanted one
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Didja take a trip to Ol' Philadelphia

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_20382_,00.html

Food Network tells you how to make one.

^NO! DO NOT BUY STEAKUMS! THEY ARE DISGUSTING!
██████████████████████████████
Quote by abdulalhazred

He has it right, but you also need Mozzarella cheese for that.

Oh, and hoagie bread. It's not a cheese steak without hoagie bread.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
yeah steak ums own!
Quote by Ichimaru
I've always wanted to meet a really hot readhead so that I could tell her name is Moses and I'm here to see the burning bush.
They're just fried thin-sliced steak + cheese and bread. And sauteed onions, if you're brave.
I mean, pretty much anything is good fried and put on bread with cheese.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
I think they use thinly-sliced sirloin steak. Fry it up, add some mozzarella cheese (i think), put it on some hoagie bread, or a sub roll, and enjoy.
I love you all for your replies.

I'm gonna make one next time i have work so i can cut the meat off the joint myself and feel manly.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Quote by qotsa1998
I think they use thinly-sliced sirloin steak. Fry it up, add some mozzarella cheese (i think), put it on some hoagie bread, or a sub roll, and enjoy.

Cheese Whiz.
i like steak

and men
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Quote by o Terp o
Cheese Whiz.

Some people prefer cheese whiz, some mozzarella.

I, personally, use mozzarella.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Dude I love em, I use to work at Hooters and they make em with meat, Parmesan cheese, onions and green peppers. ****ing great.
www.Savetoby.com

Help Save Toby By Clicking Link Above!!!!!
Sorry buddy but you will never be able to replicate a cheese steak. I live about 20-25 mins away from Philly in Levittown and the best pizza restaurant around here cant even make cheese steaks like Pat's and Geno's
Quote by Jako215
Sorry buddy but you will never be able to replicate a cheese steak. I live about 20-25 mins away from Philly in Levittown and the best pizza restaurant around here cant even make cheese steaks like Pat's and Geno's

i know i can't replicate it, bt i just need to somehow satisfy my need for something vaguely similar
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
NO NO NO NO.

It's PROVOLONE cheese if you want a real cheesesteak. And you fry the meat up with some onions and mushrooms and maybe some green bell peppers, melt the cheese on last, put it all on a toasted hoagie bun...

Man, I want one now.
Can't stop the signal.
^ Same, but I think when I do it might ruin what I've built it up to be. I get random cravings and my mouth seriously waters when I think about having one.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!