so i was pretty set on getting an Ibanez GRX20, but havnt been able to go out yet. so i was reading that thread where the college guy wanted to know what color agile to get.

so i looked through all their other guitars, as i never really looked at them all. then i found this little guy.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1845.html

so, how would the agile compare to an ibanez?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GRX20-Electric-Guitar-519417-i1150594.gc
Guitars:
Mitchell MD-100SCE Acoustic/electric
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

my tube preamp project idea
The Agile has an ash body, which means a totally different sound than the Ibanez's basswood body. The Ibanez should sound deeper and more brutal. So, take your pick.
I never like watching someone buy a less than 200 dollar guitar. You should save up a little buddy and buy yourself something nice. Its soooo worth it. You'll thank yourself 100 times over.

As for the question at hand... I don't know anything about Agiles. I didn't see Agile anywhere though, unless Douglas is the same thing idk...
I'm Tyler
The ibanez are more of a brutal sound, and judging from the pictures, this doesnt look very solid. Plus, it seems to have a tiny neck. I would save up to $200, and buy an RG120. I have it, and its better than any jackson youll ever try. trust me, its super ****ing amazing
Quote by Lunchbox362
The ibanez are more of a brutal sound, and judging from the pictures, this doesnt look very solid. Plus, it seems to have a tiny neck. I would save up to $200, and buy an RG120. I have it, and its better than any jackson youll ever try. trust me, its super ****ing amazing

Jackson? Who said anything about a Jackson?
I'm Tyler
Quote by Metallist65
The Agile has an ash body, which means a totally different sound than the Ibanez's basswood body. The Ibanez should sound deeper and more brutal. So, take your pick.

Did you assume that just because the word "bass" was in basswood that it meant that it would be deeper and more brootal?

Basswood is a cheap, light, low quality wood, whereas Ash is dense and warm. And Agiles are very good quality. Ash body, a Floyd Rose, even if it is liscenced, compared to the no-name, piece of **** tremolo that the Ibanez has, and a nice rosewood fretboard

In short, the Agile is a much better buy.

Quote by Lunchbox362

yeah, a $200 Ibanez RG120 is waaaay better than a Custom Shop Jackson Soloist
Last edited by TurdFerguson at Jun 19, 2008,
im a total noob to guitars, im really no good at all. and yes, i meant Douglas, not agile. i dont have much money and i dont need a super good guitar.

as for the sound, i play anything and everything. so im really looking for something versatile.

edit:

Octtwe88, ive had several "which guitar" threads. ive looked into jackson, fender, squier, agile, ibanez, and a lot more. i bet he remembered other of my threads and whatnot.
Guitars:
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

Last edited by Skar578 at Jun 19, 2008,
Quote by Skar578
im a total noob to guitars, im really no good at all. and yes, i meant Douglas, not agile. i dont have much money and i dont need a super good guitar.

as for the sound, i play anything and everything. so im really looking for something versatile.

Dude, please take my advice and look into the Agile guitars. Some of them should be around the same price as that one, and Agiles are the freaking best, highly, highly underrated

EDIT: check these out

If you like a more extreme look, check this out. Its like, 20 bucks more http://www.rondomusic.com/product1760.html
It has a mahogany body, which means it will sound warm and deep, and it has EMG-HZ pickups, which are quite good for what they are.

or, if you like the more vintage look, and can afford maybe 50 bucks more, which i HIGHLY suggest, get this. http://www.rondomusic.com/product791.html Just look at it. Its beautiful
Last edited by TurdFerguson at Jun 19, 2008,
Quote by TurdFerguson
Dude, please take my advice and look into the Agile guitars. Some of them should be around the same price as that one, and Agiles are the freaking best, highly, highly underrated

yea. i like the douglas here, and i got it from the rondo website. i remember the owner being really nice, so i may send him an email and ask about this, and some of the agile's.

EDIT: (to your above edit)

so do you have a problem with the guitar i put in the first post? i like the natural wood color, the nut size(1 11/16, standard), and 24 frets. i dont need all this, but i would like it.

so is there something i should be warned about, or just to look at all the others too?
Guitars:
Gibson SGJ 2014

Last edited by Skar578 at Jun 19, 2008,
Quote by Skar578
yea. i like the douglas here, and i got it from the rondo website. i remember the owner being really nice, so i may send him an email and ask about this, and some of the agile's.

EDIT: (to your above edit)

so do you have a problem with the guitar i put in the first post? i like the natural wood color, the nut size(1 11/16, standard), and 24 frets. i dont need all this, but i would like it.

so is there something i should be warned about, or just to look at all the others too?

no, I really have no problem with it, it's waaaaaayyy better than the Ibanez, but if you can scrape together a few more bucks, maybe you could find something that you like that's a bit better even. The biggest mistake lots of guitarists make is not saving up long enough, and they end up wih a mediocre guitar because they are impatient.

In this case, it IS a good guitar, not a mediocre guitar, but what I'm really trying to say is not to be too hasty is all.
does anybody realize the douglas is a 7-string. rg120 is 6-string. wtf?
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Quote by Dimefan69

facepalm...

wow, missed that.

To TS, unless you want a 7string, don't get that Douglas guitar.

maybe now you can check out some other Agiles?
Quote by Dimefan69

jeez man, wow. i never even noticed that it has 7 strings. ha. i just saw it and never payed any attention to count the strings, tuners, or even the bridge.

this changes it a bit...
Guitars:
Gibson SGJ 2014

yea. thats cheap! i might just look into buying that. probanly not cause i want an ibanez, but its a possibility.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Quote by TurdFerguson
Basswood is a cheap, light, low quality wood, whereas Ash is dense and warm. And Agiles are very good quality. Ash body, a Floyd Rose, even if it is liscenced, compared to the no-name, piece of **** tremolo that the Ibanez has, and a nice rosewood fretboard

basswood low quality, orly? satch, steve vai, and many many others use it on their high quality instruments, so its low quality, eh?
and i would settle on the ibanez cheap tremolo than some licensed low quality floyd rose. i didnt use mine on my grg170dx, and i could change tunings in a matter of seconds, good luck doing that on a floyd rose..
RG120's are kinda bad.. I own one.. the Wood is terrible.. the Pickups are Okay.. it Constantly goes out of tune constantly losing strings.. I really dont enjoy it.. the Pickups are the only reason I dont try and get rid of it..
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
Quote by thisdude
basswood low quality, orly? satch, steve vai, and many many others use it on their high quality instruments, so its low quality, eh?
and i would settle on the ibanez cheap tremolo than some licensed low quality floyd rose. i didnt use mine on my grg170dx, and i could change tunings in a matter of seconds, good luck doing that on a floyd rose..

Ok, perhaps I painted with too broad a brush saying basswood was low quality. There are, in fact, different types of basswood. This one is not a high quality. The JEMs and stuff are made of high quality basswood.

And the Ibanez tremelo is inferior to the Liscenced Floyd in my opinion
Quote by TurdFerguson
Ok, perhaps I painted with too broad a brush saying basswood was low quality. There are, in fact, different types of basswood. This one is not a high quality. The JEMs and stuff are made of high quality basswood.

And the Ibanez tremelo is inferior to the Liscenced Floyd in my opinion

well yeah, there are different quality basswood bodies.
well i dont see the difference between these two if i dont use them. and using low quality licensed floyd rose's is an ass. my friend has a stagg guitar with a lfr, and its simply unreal to hold it in tune..
usually cheap bodies are made from pressed wood, like plywood. thats why they are so bad. while the agile and douglas are real wood, not pressed.
Guitars:
Gibson SGJ 2014

Yeah man, don't get that Douglas 7 string. I'm sure you didn't realize what it was at the time.