Whenever i have ever had my guitar put through a DI or my amp mic'd, there is always this horrible distortion on the signal. I run my guitar through a gt-8, and use my MG50 as just a speaker, but all the other guitarists i have ever played with have had the same problem. Playing straight through the amp sounds amazing, but when it goes through a mixer it gets this grainy distortion, like recording through a really crappy soundcard on a 1/8th cable. Thanks for your help.
friend of mine had a weird flanger sound coming in after like 20 seconds. His Sound card was good enough though
You might just have your levels too high, causing the recording to clip.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I'm actually not recording, i just don't know where else to put this thread. In live situations this occurs. The question would be "Does anyone know why i get this distortion? Is there any way to fix this?". Sorry, thats 2
faulty cable(s) maybe?..maybe your microphone or mixer is screwed. Or a bad channel on the mixer.
Turn the gain down for that channel on your mixer. Try a different channel on the mixer. If you're micing make sure it's not clipping as well. What type of DI box are you using is it active or passive?
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic