style?

Blink 182 - All the small things

Oasis - wonderwall

house of the rising sun (start slowly until you can change chords fast and well)

Theres 3 styles for ya
Quote by wyantsm
green day, any song

Give him somethin good to play, damn it. "Enter Sandman" by Metallica.
thunderkiss 65
beautiful people
the unforgiven
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
ok another thing on tabs i need to know is wat does it mean when there is a b in front of it?? like on sunshine of your love it has 10th fret "b8" 10th fret???
I suggest Exo-Politics and Supermassive Black Hole by Muse, One and ...And Justice For All by Metallica, Iron Man and War Pigs by Black Sabbath, and Don't Fear The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult.

Good luck!
Yes any Green Day song, Sunshine of Your love, Good Suggestion.

Tears-Rush (this is a fun one, easy too!)

Atwa- System of a down (any sytem of a down song really)

Chop Suey- System of a down(this is so easy and you will wow non players greatly)

Good Riddance-Green Day(yes, you wouldn't believe how many people will ask if you can play this one)

There is lots out there! Keep looking.
Quote by klawson114
ok another thing on tabs i need to know is wat does it mean when there is a b in front of it?? like on sunshine of your love it has 10th fret "b8" 10th fret???

Bend the string to whatever pitch/note (if specified) shown.

If they don't show what pitch to bend it to listen to the song and match the bend.

For that song take the 8 and bend it to the sound of the tenth fret
Last edited by guitar_maiden at Jun 19, 2008,
Um if you're into classic rock and know some chords try these:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd - Mother
Led Zeppelin - Tangerine

I'm also a beginner and am practicing chords and was recommended those
whats your Stlye

Metal:
Master of Puppets beggining

Classic Rock:
Yesterday-Beatles
Moby Dick-Led Zeppelin
solo to we will rock you if you can do bends
Smoke on the Water
Iron MAn

90s:
Wonderwall-Oasis
Godsmack-Alice in Chains
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Basket Case-Green Day
My very first song EVER was House of the Rising Sun.

PLEASE LEARN THAT FIRST

I'm glad I did. Very easy. Just chords. Simple enough.

Don't even worry about complete songs at this point if your just starting out. Some really awesome beginner essentials are solos from Smells Like Teen Spirit From Nirvana (although very easy to learn the whole song), Tangerine by Led Zeppelin, and Heart Full of Soul by the Yardbirds. Again for now try the solos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOLXw958GYc

Check out all of the youtube videos from this guy. He's the best teacher I've ever seen and learned all my starting stuff from him.

As for a first song that's more modern lol. Mine was Unholy Confessions by Avenged Sevenfold. Try that when your ready.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
BRAIN STEW...... little sister-queens of the stone age,

Monster mash-misfits is really easy.... like they said seven nation army....

any green day actually....

iron man....

suck my kiss is pretty easy...

paranoid...is a little mediocre but other than that...thats all i can think of....
ok this probably goes against what a lot of people will say, I'm still in the early learning stages too. But the second song i started to learn (at the request of my teacher though) was master of puppets. At first it seems really daunting but you'll find that due to the nature of the song it helps your fingers adjust quickly. Start it out really slow though and you will notice that gradually you can play parts at faster speeds.

I remember the first time I was able to get my fingers around one part in particular

____2______3______4_______3_____22
0_1___0_1____0_1_____0_1____0_1___

^^^^^^
that one

i was astounded, when i started it seemed impossible to get my fingers aroudn it at any speed, but now i can play it full speed easily.

hope what i said can help