Alright, so i just got an Epiphone Les Paul Limited Edition SILVERBURST!! its an amazing guitar, but i have one problem.
See, ive had this Fender Princeton 65 watt amp for like 5 years now, but i cant get a good clean sound out of it, it sounds way too bassy and muddy, i want like a clean Pearl Jam sound to it when i play. i plugged my guitar into my Roland micro cube and put it on the clean setting, and it sounded amazing, its the sound ive wanted to get on my fender. so does anybody kno wut i can do to get that clean sound im going for?
www.myspace.com/getwellcards

"et quand le jour arrive la tourner el ciel et la tourner la mer et la mer eh ven embrasse moi et la deneh ve moi logis"
Turn the guitar volume down a bit, use the neck pickup or neck and bridge together, pick softer.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Think its time for a new amp Fella. Thats just going by what you said. But im a noobish player so take on board what the other guys have to say.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
well for a start Pearl Jam use fender Strats don they? i know Mike does, not sure about the other guy and eddie has his tele's...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Is the Princeton a tube amp? I'm pretty sure it is.... try changing the tubes. If you haven't already tried this, try cutting the bass and boosting the treble and presence knob if it has one.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Yeah, I say that it's gonna be hard to get the exact tone as Pearl Jam uses mostly Strats on all their songs.
Edit: i didnt mean like exactly like pearl jam, but like, a nice and clean tone, almost like pearl jams, i dont wanna like cover exactly wut they got going there.
www.myspace.com/getwellcards

"et quand le jour arrive la tourner el ciel et la tourner la mer et la mer eh ven embrasse moi et la deneh ve moi logis"
Mike occasionally uses an LP or a Flying V... Cut down on the bass, boost the trebles, lower the volume on your guitar and use neck or both pickups, minimize gain, add some reverb and chorus.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Stone Gossard used Les Pauls on most of their earlier stuff, they didn't only use Strats. But Mike did most of the clean parts and he plays a Strat most of the time so yeah. I think it might also be your pickups, Epiphone stock pickups suck.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Eddie Vedder uses mostly Fenders but in the case of Mike and Stone it's 50% Fenders / 50% Gibsons, at least when playing live

If I may recommend a nice lil'amp (since you mentioned a Micro Cube) which produces a lovely clean sound but can still get pretty friggin' loud: try the Fender Blues Junior. It's not that expensive either. You have to appreciate the sound produced by the gain channel though and most people eventually get an od/distortion pedal.

If you plan on sticking with your amp i'd say try using either the neck pickup or the middle setting which combines both the neck and bridge pickups, turn the tone knobs down to 3 or 4, use a little reverb. The trick to achieving a nice clean sound on a guitar such as your epiphone is adjusting the tone in such a way that it "caresses" your ear (when I'm playing a strat on the clean setting I usually want the exact opposite: I pick harder, turn the toneknob on the guitar and the treble knob on my amp up to 10, etc.)

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^