My sansa mp3 player just broke for absolutely no reason. It was working yesterday and there was half battery power and I tried turning it on lastnight but it said there was no battery power left. So then I tried charging it but it went all screwed up. There's no sound other than a bunch of messed up beep sounds. So now I'm deciding whether I should get an iPod.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
factory reset?

warranty?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by MasterOfCows
My sansa mp3 player just broke for absolutely no reason. It was working yesterday and there was half battery power and I tried turning it on lastnight but it said there was no battery power left. So then I tried charging it but it went all screwed up. There's no sound other than a bunch of messed up beep sounds. So now I'm deciding whether I should get an iPod.

Make the best of the situation and pretend you're in a techno-club.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Every once in a while, there's no sound when I turn my sansa on. I turn it off and back on and magically, the sound comes back. Don't know if it's the mp3 player or the headphones, though.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
factory reset?

warranty?

I reset it twice and it didn't do anything. And the warranty won't work because there's a crack in the screen (it was there way before it broke)
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Don't get Sandisk products.
Me, my sister, and my cousin all had MP3 players and ALL of them broke within weeks of getting them.
Quote by Gargantuan
Don't get Sandisk products.
Me, my sister, and my cousin all had MP3 players and ALL of them broke within weeks of getting them.

I've had mine for a few months, but now it's just broken for no reason. So I'm definintely not getting another sansa.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
ipods are great,
i have an 80 gb ipod classic.
if you decide to get one, look refurbished ones @ the apple store online, they're like $100 cheaper in some cases. all refurbished means is someone got it, and opened the box, then they didn't want it so they sent it back, and now the apple store put it in a new box.
Well if you were rough enough with it to crack the screen then I guess it did break.

Damn people, when will everyone realize that an MP3 is not a tank?

EDIT: I have a Sansa Clip 2GB and it works just as well as it did the day I bought it. Over 6 months ago. It looks brand new and I use it every single day for one task or another.

You can't just toss them around, they're not indestructible, but they'll hold up if you treat them nicely.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Last edited by dudetheman at Jun 19, 2008,
If you get a sandisk, you should DEFINATELY consider getting one of them jelly sleeve things to protect it. Mines lasted 2 weeks and it works perfect
Don't worry, I'm just admiring the shape of your skull
i have had a sansa e250 since last september, and its held out well so far, no problems really. Ive dropped a few times but its really tough and doesnt really have a scratch on it titanium shell but idk maybe you can be unlucky with it. I didnt get an ipod because for some reason i find it really hard to use the scroll wheel and you pay for the brand mostly, but they are reliable players. Rockbox is also nice on it, you can play doom hard to control , but once you get the hang of it its pretty cool.
BTW did you try recovery mode or anything, i think you can get replaceable li batteries for sansa incase it is the battery.
Good luck
Quote by Mr.Kvx10
i have had a sansa e250 since last september, and its held out well so far, no problems really. Ive dropped a few times but its really tough and doesnt really have a scratch on it titanium shell but idk maybe you can be unlucky with it. I didnt get an ipod because for some reason i find it really hard to use the scroll wheel and you pay for the brand mostly, but they are reliable players. Rockbox is also nice on it, you can play doom hard to control , but once you get the hang of it its pretty cool.
BTW did you try recovery mode or anything, i think you can get replaceable li batteries for sansa incase it is the battery.
Good luck

I had one of them, pretty hardy. Mine got stolen and didnt work properly when I got it back though