Is there really such a thing as "breaking-in" a guitar? I was playing my Schecter Hellraiser (I've had this for about six months), and it plays fine, but it just doesn't feel "right". Then I went to play my other Schecter (a C-1 plus) which I've had for almost two years, and that guitar felt perfect. So I'm wondering if I just have to play my Hellraiser more and "break it in" so to speak, or If I should pay to have it set up and adjusted. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
you gotta get used to the action and stuff all guitars are different and you will have prefrences just go with what ever feels right
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
^+1
When I got my EC I was the same way. Then I became attached to that and couldn't play my Jackson, but since the EC is in the shop I've only been playing my Jackson, so I fear the worst.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I've heard of this applying more to breaking in the wood used on acoustic guitars, rather than electric guitars.
Yhea there is a thing called breaking in, I found it VERY weird going from an SG to a Stratocaster, didn't take me more than a week though to break in completely. And boy I love my Strat.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
I think people turn their noses up at that idea but when they play a different guitar for a while they soon realise what people are on about. Whether it's breaking in or just getting used to it I don't know, but there's definitely a period of it feeling weird.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I don't think it'd be unreasonable to say it's a little of both
Definitely. I played my first show with my Jaguar. and i was used to my strat, which feels very very different. from the finish at the back of the neck to the scale length. I played wierd that night, but the Jaguar's my #1 now. and still even when i've went through 2 more guitars after the Jaguar.

However, regular playing with all your guitars will get you to be used to all your guitars. i can now play all 3 of my guitars with ease.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab