Im getting a job this summer to buy some new gear . I was looking at some ibanez guitars , epiphones etc. I don't want to spend to much on the guitars ,like the most 350$. While i was browsing the forums i keep reading about these agile guitars. I saw a video of one of them on youtube and, it sounds amazing . I googled them i cant find much . Can someone explain what these guitars are , i would greatly appreciate it . thank you
go to http://www.rondomusic.com/ and browse about. The very, very best Agile would run you maybe $499, and their tone, quality and overall awesomeness is equal to or better than a Gibson, so the owners of Agiles say. browse around the site, go to the electric guitar link, etc.
They're sold through rondomusic... here

Just go to electric guitars and scroll through the pages - they're supposed to be pretty good budgets guitars.
rondomusic.com/

Also our forum is at:

http://www.agileguitarforum.com/

I have an Agile AL-2000 and just got an SX SST57 (powder Blue with a Maple Neck & Fretboard) - both atr amazing guitars for the money and both of mine I kept stock as they really didn't need a thing done to them. They both stay in tune for a week or more too! You'd be amazed at what you get. Check out the Agile Forums GALLERY too. They're out of a lot of stock right now but more due in in the fall. Kurt can't keep em in stock very long. He also sells em on Ebay.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
i checked the site and would the $200-$300 ones be any good, or would i better be off sticking to common brands like ibanez in that price range ?
Quote by flyingE27
i checked the site and would the $200-$300 ones be any good, or would i better be off sticking to common brands like ibanez in that price range ?

NO.

don't fall into the brand name trap. Get an Agile, they're awesome
wow im getting excites cause from what you guys are saying they seem amazing , theres also so many to choose from , but im guessing sound depends on the pickups , i see some with p-90 pickups ,but there the cheaper ones , deres alos some that dont say the name of the pickup and some emg ones , which one would be a good choice , im srry if im asking too much its just that theres so many of them and i don't no 2 much bout these guitars .
depends what you want to play, i think with EMG's there geared more towards heavy styles of playing i.e. not very good when on clean, but i could be wrong about that.

personally i would go for HSH setup, but i think aslong as you have a humbucker on there somewhere you should be setup. so maybe a SSH or HSH or if you dont want a twangy kind of sound from the singles just get a HH.

im really liking those les paul copies they have, they look really nice, what kind of music do you intend to play on it?
Quote by Daniel8488
depends what you want to play, i think with EMG's there geared more towards heavy styles of playing i.e. not very good when on clean, but i could be wrong about that.
personally i would go for HSH setup, but i think aslong as you have a humbucker on there somewhere you should be setup. so maybe a SSH or HSH or if you dont want a twangy kind of sound from the singles just get a HH.

im really liking those les paul copies they have, they look really nice, what kind of music do you intend to play on it?

yeah, ask David Gilmour from Pink Floyd about his EMGs.
TurdFerguson: i did, that's what he said... i asked him while we were having tea on the lawn, it was splendid...

ah right well i would say go with the EMG's then

perhaps email the guy and ask him what he would recomend?
Quote by Copilot911
You are wrong about that, my guitar has emg-hzs and it sounds awesome clean.

I'm pretty sure they were referring to the more common, active EMGs; the hz pups aren't active....I think.
*ahem* Agile Thread *ahem*
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by TurdFerguson
go to http://www.rondomusic.com/ and browse about. The very, very best Agile would run you maybe $499, and their tone, quality and overall awesomeness is equal to or better than a Gibson, so the owners of Agiles say. browse around the site, go to the electric guitar link, etc.

Equal or better than Gibson?

Baloney. I know because I had an agile al3000 and after three years it got harder to play on it. I stripped the parts off of it and threw the damn thing away.

When it comes to agiles it's a crapshoot.
they are very nice

however the pickups are decent at best. they gotta save money somehwere

id compare my al-3000 to the real expesnive epiphones
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Quote by shaakaal
they are very nice

however the pickups are decent at best. they gotta save money somehwere

id compare my al-3000 to the real expesnive epiphones

Not true, they may not be to your taste but the pick-ups are on par with Gibsons. Check out the comparison videos on youtube, the pick-ups on the AL-3000s are a bit more louder, fatter, and more pronounced when it comes to cleans compared to Burstbucker Pros (this is my guess since the Gibson used was a LP Standard, however the pick-ups look like uncovered 57's, then again the 57's are arguably better than the Burstbucker Pros so there you go) which is a bit more compressed sounding, however their tone is the same with extremely minimal differences that you wouldn't notice unless you're a tone freak like Eric Johnson. And with the gain cranked the Agile handles metal fine as well (both seem about equal other than noticeable differences I listed) compared to an LP Standard.
Last edited by Wakisazhi at Jun 20, 2008,
Quote by Wakisazhi
Not true, they may not be to your taste but the pick-ups are on par with Gibsons. Check out the comparison videos on youtube, the pick-ups on the AL-3000s are a bit more louder, fatter, and more pronounced when it comes to cleans compared to Burstbucker Pros (this is my guess since the Gibson used was a LP Standard, however the pick-ups look like uncovered 57's, then again the 57's are arguably better than the Burstbucker Pros so there you go) which is a bit more compressed sounding, however their tone is the same with extremely minimal differences that you wouldn't notice unless you're a tone freak like Eric Johnson. And with the gain cranked the Agile handles metal fine as well (both seem about equal other than noticeable differences I listed) compared to an LP Standard.

More baloney.

You don't know what pups he have. If I tell you that the moon is made of green cheese you'd?...

Anyway I had an al3000 and the pups were muddy. I didn't think they sounded bad but when I got better pups the differences was like day and night. At first they were GFS pups (surprise!), one hot nashville and a nashvile. Later I put EMG 81-60 on it. After three years the neck twisted so I stripped it and trashed the guitar.

Oh well.
well i think im going to save up for a al-3100 , if it lasts three years so be it, il get sumthing else but for my level rite now they agile seems perfect , thanks for everyones help
Quote by PanHead
More baloney.

You don't know what pups he have. If I tell you that the moon is made of green cheese you'd?...

Anyway I had an al3000 and the pups were muddy. I didn't think they sounded bad but when I got better pups the differences was like day and night. At first they were GFS pups (surprise!), one hot nashville and a nashvile. Later I put EMG 81-60 on it. After three years the neck twisted so I stripped it and trashed the guitar.

Oh well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uDaxIQNkirk&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ZSS-GIRA8&feature=related

Oh and boo hoo you got a lemon, cry me a river why don't ya. Just because you received a sub-par one (which is extremely rare, not to mention you could have easily returned it if you thought something was off and gotten a new one) doesn't mean you have to ruin it for others (especially when there are a whole lot more out there who say the same as others and I who also feel/know that these things are on par with Gibsons). Not to mention the neck just doesn't become twisted on its own unless you mess with it. If anything it sounds like the reason it messed up on you is because you did something that made it mess up.

Like I said, cry me a river because there are fewer lemons than there are zingers out there with the Agiles (and even fewer to nil now that workmanship has gone up apparently with the recent ones). But bottom line: just because it happened to you and just because they aren't to your tastes doesn't mean it will happen to the TC or not be to his tastes.

BTW: Go back to school and learn proper grammar.
Make it two guitars from rondo and they're both junks.

yea, that tells me something dickhead.

EDIT: my english is fine thank you.
Quote by PanHead
Make it two guitars from rondo and they're both junks.

yea, that tells me something dickhead.

EDIT: my english is fine thank you.

Really? Then you're tone deaf, even the idiots on youtube can notice the difference and can tell that the Agiles are just as good if not better. Seriously go back and cry in the hole you crawled out of.

EDIT: Btw hypocrite much? Then again that one will definitely go way above you so why bother pointing it out. I thought I'd give you a while to catch that but silly me for giving you a bit too much credit than even you deserve.
*sigh* you don't get it but that's ok you're not worth it. Enjoy your junks. Bye
Whoa, that's cool actually, I was looking at this forum and listening to the track and when I looked back, I finally realized that he switched to the other guitar. That's awesomeness, I'll have to consider it heavily now! Gah, now I tried to pick out when he changed while looking at this forum and I couldn't do it. Argh, I live in Canada so the shipping costs is around $100 so that kind of rained on my parade.
Last edited by Firetech at Jun 20, 2008,