I went out guitar shopping a couple weeks ago and found a MIM strat that I fell in love with. I passed up purchasing it so I could grab up a tele for a project. Although I don't regret grabbing the tele, I can't believe I passed up snatching such a beautiful and fantastic playing strat (plays as well as my MIA). I only have one local music shop and therefor stock is limited. They have a blue strat that plays excellently however I can't stand blue guitars. On the other hand I can buy from MF online and get free shipping but is it worth the risk possibly getting a lemon? I have played MIMs that feel better than MIA's and some that are worse than affinity strats. Should I play it safe and go with one that plays awesome but isn't my color or order online and return them until I get a suitable one? Anyone have any input?
~Nick

P.S. The next nearest guitar store for me is 4 hours away.
FOR SALE:

Alvarez FD-60 acoustic electric- $295 obo (perfect condition, amber finish)
Lindy Fralin Blues Special Strat pickups (as set, perfect condition) - $175 obo

PM me if you are interested!
I'd go with the blue strat.

Even if I hated blue, which I don't.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
play it safe. just wait till your shop gets more strats in.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
Def go with the blue. Companies tend not to send the anomolies to mail order cos, so you chances of getting one like it are quite slim.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Ya perhaps you are right but god I hate that blue...but then again maybe that would be a good excuse for me to do something custom with it...
FOR SALE:

There's no risk at Musicians Friend. You can call and return it free if it is a lemon and they'll replace or refund you up to 45 days later.
what happened to the one you fell in love with? I'd order from musicians friend because of the refund option, although I'd rather buy one from the store that felt right
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I called back today and it sold. Tragic! I had a bad feeling leaving it there but I got a phenomenal deal on a squier tele that plays awesome with an skb hardshell case (retail $120) all for $115. Couldn't pass it up and couldn't leave with 2 guitars. Oh well...life goes on. If the MIM factory can make one like that, I am sure they can make another.
~Nick
FOR SALE:

Just wait it out really mate, you're in no rush surely if you've already got a MiA Finish up the Tele project and then start looking for one ^__^ No point pushing yourself into potentially getting a lemon when you don't need to.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I don't have my MIA anymore. I bought it as a means of making some money. Got a great deal on it and sold it for profit. But you are right. I shouldn't be in a hurry. I have a good project that is fine for now.
~Nick
FOR SALE: