Demo'ed one thought i would hate it but i actually liked it. Im not a big marshall fan but that amp had a Great metal tone... Still perfer modern american toned metal but if i was into marshall and i couldnt get ahold of splawn for some reason i would pickup a kk...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jun 19, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Demo'ed one thought i would hate it but i actually love it. Great metal tone for a marshall...

could i play like maiden out of it , or its it stricly Slayer / were the cleans anygood
Quote by Rushfan2121
could i play like maiden out of it , or its it stricly Slayer / were the cleans anygood

Yea it has the beast option and a gain knob of coarse so you can always turn it down or turn it into a regular ole jcm 800 with the push of a button. As for cleans cant help ya im a metal head lol
i haven't heard terrific things about it... i haven't played it myself, so i'm not really in a position to comment, but i thought i'd throw in that the general consensus i've seen is that it's not a great amp.

I do know that it's very expensive for what it is. JCM800s are very classy on their own.
_______
|||||||||||||||
I played it, it had a really awesome crunch riffage tone, and it really surprised me for a Marshall. The lead was ok, but the Cleans Sucked, it didn't even do them, because it's a single channel amp. IMO, it's too pricey for what it is, but if you like their distorted tone and are willing to pay that much for it then all the power to you.
It's a nice head. My only gripe with it is that the little gain boost they have on there isn't switchable via a footswitch.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
I like it a lot. This amp is perfect for metal. It has tons of gain available. ANd still you can switch back to the classic JCM 800 sound if you want. It lacks a footswitch and effects loop, but I don't mind that. If you want another sound clip, just PM me.