These misleading ****s lead me to believe that it used 2.0, and not 1.1, because the site says '1.1 and 2.0 compatible'.

I am really pissed and this thing is gonna be arriving in a few days. What are the real problems with the latency of an interface - if I am recording one instrument at a time, will I even notice anything? I am not going to be using any of its ****ty Gearbox effects or whatever they are either.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
whatt, USB? the tone port UX1 and AFAIk others work on USB 1.1 or 2.0, what are you running? If your running 1.1 just get Service Pack and upgrade it, the CDs free :/.

All that means is that if your PC is 1.1 then it will work with that (but im assuming a slightly higher latency) and then 2.0 for an improved latency. Although, if you use ASIO drivers with it then you can tweak to your hearts content.

I don't see what your problem is tho =p?
I have 2.0 but the UX1 only transfers at 1.1 speed.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Quote by zapparage
I have 2.0 but the UX1 only transfers at 1.1 speed.

Ohh. Well, i wouldn't worry, I've not noticed any latency problems, ive used it with Guitar rig/Gearbox with no trouble, i think around a 7ms delay, which reallly isnt noticible.
yeah i have it to its a piece of ****
the only thing the tone port is really good for i tuning
but a 0 dolloar tuner isnt worth it
yea but some searching before buying (even my review here at the board) would have let you know this...

I actually thought the latency out of monitor port was near zero...
and never had any latency to the PC.

Try adjusting buffers and install ASIO4ALL
Or go for something like the E-MU 0202 or 0404 USB 2.0 interfaces.

as far as I know, the only USB 2.0 interface they have is the highly priced UX8 which should have been firewire...

BTW, plug some monitors and feed from the back of the toneport. IF you monitor off your old sound card (which should be disabled anyways) you will have playback delay for sure.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jun 20, 2008,
you shouldn't have any latency since it'll monitor right off the toneport.

and since it usually only recording one track at a time.. it doesn't need to use usb 2.0 speeds.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I don't even experience lag when I'm recording 2 inputs simultaneously. And I DON'T have a powerhouse pc. You should be fine dude.
I think you'll be ok, although it's always better to opt for 2.0 obviously. As moody says, you'll definitely want to monitor from the interface, because that will reduce latency on playback.
There is poetry in despair.
No latency here.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.