http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Jazz-Bass-24-V-5String-Bass?sku=511893

This is the newest Fender J. I think I might just add it to my to get list. I cant tell but by the price i would presume that it is made in America.

What do you guys think?
meh not my cuppa tea, and i like j basses
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I think the Jazz Bass 24 is CIJ(Crafted In Japan)
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
on an unrelated note (through my snooping around musicians friend)

OMG they have the other colors once only avaible in japan for the jaguar bass... the white is fantastic
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
wow a J24 in a not so shiny new finish and i'm sure the J24 is MIK although bales is welcome to correct me at his own risk
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
^ That's ridiculous. The headstock would be stupidly long and heavy with five in a row. I'd prefer 3+2, but 4+1 is much, much better than straight 5.
Quote by smb
^ That's ridiculous. The headstock would be stupidly long and heavy with five in a row. I'd prefer 3+2, but 4+1 is much, much better than straight 5.

My J Bass 5 has 5 in a row and i cant tell a difference between that and my Fretless 4 P Bass. I think on this bass the 4+1 looks good.
Fair enough...my 5er has a really small 3+2 headstock though and I it.

I didn't realise the Jazz V had 5 in line though. That's pretty unobservant of me.
Yeah 3+2 would've been great but it beats having a straight 5...

It looks like an interesting bass to play though, can't wait to try one out.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
yeah it looks pretty sweet the price is perfect for it to, you get basslines, all in all its a nice bass
The finish is better than the other Jazz 24. Although I don't really like the matching headstock.
i thinking the matching headstock it more metal. which is a different thing for fender. i have a red standard p with a black pick guard and i get a lot of compliments
It's MIK and is a killer bass, if only it wasn't in that finish... The bass has been around for a year and a half, by the way. It's just the finish that's new. For info on it, I did a BotM a while ago for it.
That bass is quite black, like really black there's no way there could be more black, none more black.

But yeah the jazz 24 is nice, one of the best *newly designed* fenders done.
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Quote by sven_cliffy
That bass is quite black, like really black there's no way there could be more black, none more black.

But yeah the jazz 24 is nice, one of the best *newly designed* fenders done.

Nice Spinal Tap reference!

I like original Jazz V 24 but wasn't quite sold on the quilted maple finish in tobacco at first. But I can say I like the tobacco better than the black tho'; this looks a little too Ibanezish to me. I like my Fenders to look like Fenders and my Ibanez to look like Ibanez.
Anyone else see this? I guess the Geddy Lee haters (all 12 of them) finally got what they wanted!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-70s-Jazz-Bass?sku=519790

Is it MIM or MIK/CIJ?
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
It's MIK and is a killer bass, if only it wasn't in that finish... The bass has been around for a year and a half, by the way. It's just the finish that's new. For info on it, I did a BotM a while ago for it.

What he said.

Maybe if the bass had a glossy black finish it would be nice, but I'm more than happy with my tobacco burst 24

EDIT: ^ *orgasm*
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by IndianRockStar
Anyone else see this? I guess the Geddy Lee haters (all 12 of them) finally got what they wanted!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-70s-Jazz-Bass?sku=519790

Is it MIM or MIK/CIJ?

i was looking at those..... and wondered the same thing.
it's a nice bass but it looks so much nicer in tobacco sunburst
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Dude, This thing is awesome. I would trade out my 5 string for that one.
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
first not ugly fender (though not really pretty),
I have seen: in my life!!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I think i just spurted

although, i hate the way the highest strings Tuner looks out of place.

If theres a 4 string version around, I WANT!
That's a slick bass right there. If only they made it in lefty.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Trust me, you'll learn to love the 4+1 when you have it. The keys are spaced out evenly and generously so you're never accidentally detuning one string while tuning another. It's not cramped.

However, if that Jazz 24V came with a black neck in satin (a la Musicman Stealth Bongo), I'd get it sight unseen. Without blinking. Would probably trade my Warwick for it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..

i believe this is the original idea, also sounds better. doesnt look as good though
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Last edited by elliott FTW at Jun 21, 2008,