I have looked everywhere for this answer, but some people are saying one thing and others saying another. I believe it is a unadjustable bias meaning I should be able to easily swap tubes and be done with it.

Can someone please give me a straightfoward answer? Can I swap Power tubes and Preamp tubes without rebiasing?
you can on any amp but it is better to rebias
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
You should have to rebias the power tubes. preamp tube shouldnt be an issue. but even if you use the same type of power tubes it should be biased. I mean it will work but if the bias is off a little bit, it will shorten the life of the tubes and may also damage the power amp circut
Gear:
Fernandes Revolver Elite
Schecter C1 Exotic
Schecter C1 Classic
Peavey JSX head
Hartke 4x12 cab
Boss GT-8
BBE 362 Sonic maximizer
*sigh*

The 5150 CAN'T be biased unless you have it modded to do so. Otherwise you just put the tubes in and that's it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
*sigh*

The 5150 CAN'T be biased unless you have it modded to do so. Otherwise you just put the tubes in and that's it.

Thats the truth.
Should be stickied with all the questions on it.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by MatrixClaw
*sigh*

To the "T" so to speak. They can be modded to be adjustable very easily though. If you're interested in this mod, go here ( www.fjamods.com ) and give them an email for pricing and turn-around info. Very good people that do quality work. They also got a bunch of other mods they offer.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
What Matrix said.

BUT you should also note that you cant stick just any kind of power tube in there! They have to be matched and the right ones for the 6505!

I had my old 6505 modded for $50. They put a bias sweep in there and I was able to run it a little "warmer"...basically to make it not as thin and shrilly.
you should get it modded.
as far as the amp functioning properly, biasing isnt necasary. the amp will works regardless. however from a tone standpoint it is neccasary. in order to get the most out of an amp you should have it biased to what is best for you.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
^ Well you cant just stick any tube in there and call it good. They have to match the amp.

If the amp has a bias sweep THEN you can play around a bit as long as you bias the amp to match the tubes...otherwise you'll cut the tube life down tremendously.