Hey guys, i got a quick question, i am considering a Mark IV which i think is more than 10 years old, i just want to know if there is a difference in the New ones from the Old ones except that its old. How is the gain, the cleans, the parts? Is their any difference, or is the old one just old? How are the speaker when they get old, should a replacement be needed, i know that the tube should if its use often.

Thanx guys.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
A is pre-1993. It doesn't have a footswitch for reverb or a satellite send for a separate power amp. It doesn't have a stereo effects loop either. B is a bit more modern recto sounding than the c+ sounding A.

You shouldn't really get caught up in it though, its not that big of a difference.

And speakers are usually replaced when they blow (you can tell easily) or if you want a better one.
^hmmm? When did the Mark IV get an A, B, c+? I didn't know that, how can i tell if its either a,b, or c? I thought a Mark IV is a Mark IV.

Are you sure of this?

Thanks for the info though....
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
^hmmm? When did the Mark IV get an A, B, c+? I didn't know that, how can i tell if its either a,b, or c? I thought a Mark IV is a Mark IV.

Are you sure of this?

Thanks for the info though....

The c+ im referring to is the Mark IIc+. The Mark IV only comes in the A and B versions.
^ohh, well i was just talking about Mark IV, so i really didn't need the info, but its was good to know.

Hmm whats the difference between the A and B? Is the A the short combo, and B is the wide combo?

Thanks
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Supposidly the Rev A is better than the Rev B.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by angeldef
^ohh, well i was just talking about Mark IV, so i really didn't need the info, but its was good to know.

Hmm whats the difference between the A and B? Is the A the short combo, and B is the wide combo?

Thanks

I guess I worded it weirdly. I meant the Mark IV A sounds like a Mark IIc+ (That's a good thing)

And like I said, the only cosmetic difference is the footswitchable reverb, satelite send, and stereo effects loop.
^oohh, now it all makes sense. I just got what you were saying. I first i thought you were just randomly putting A, B, and i thought your talking about Mark I or II, or even III. I didn't know that there's different version of Mark IV. Are the newest ones C+?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
^ Thanx
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
I have a Rev A and prefer it to the Rev B. The more Mark IIC+ voicing is more my thing than the more modern voicing the newer ones have.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Which one would get more metal sound? Not that i like metal that much, i really like cleans, but if i need too i want to get that sound. You know what i mean?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
^ohh, nice

Thanks....
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
Which one would get more metal sound? Not that i like metal that much, i really like cleans, but if i need too i want to get that sound. You know what i mean?

I use mine for metal and mine is a Rev A, still prefer its metal sounds to the Rev B, but that's just my opinion.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com